Stuck at 178 LBs.

Options
Hey Guys, I hope you could help me to adjust my diet and exercise plan to loose additional 18 lbs.

My stats:

I am a 29 yr old Dude,
Height : 5 10"
Weight: 178 LBs
Waist: 33 inch

I started at 237LB so far lost over 60 lbs. I average around 7-10K steps a day. for over few weeks now I do body weight strength training ever other day. 5x10 pull ups, 5x15 pushups, 5x40 sit ups.

I have been stuck at 178 Lbs and I cannot shed the last 18 LBs, You see I want to meet my hopefully six pack and ask it "how you ding?".

I have been eating 1500 calories a day for a long time. I am afraid I will have to cut down on my calories which will be super hard as I am barely managing with the amount I am eating. Can any one help me to adjust something to get rid of the last 18 LBs?

Thank you,

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    How long have you been stuck? How are you determining you're eating 1500 calories? I wouldn't cut down on the goal since you're at the minimum recommendation, but if it's been more than a few weeks since you've lost, you probably need to tighten up your logging.
  • imihran
    imihran Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have been stuck at 178 for several weeks, my food logging is done by using a food scale and MFP. I stay away from food that is hard to calculate or if I need to estimate it. Basically if it does not have a barcode and nutrition fact I do not use it, only exception is avocadoes, apples and bananas which I food scale em and find MPF date in grams.
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Okay, if you are logging correctly this could just be a normal weight loss plateu. When I first lost 100lbs, i stalled for months at ~70lbs down. I looked at everything and the numbers were right but the weight wasn't moving. I decided to switch my exercise from running to the elliptical, and that seemed to do the trick.

Do you do any cardio besides your daily steps? You could consider adding in something more strenuous than a walk a few times a week.
  • rhawfax1986
    rhawfax1986 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    More cardio
  • charlieandcarol
    charlieandcarol Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Perhaps one of the guys like sidesteel will answer but I am guessing they might say don't reduce your calories but start heavy lifting weight training? Maybe have a google of how to undertake body recomposition? Seems to be a common question on here regarding being at a healthy weight but body not quite looking how you want, on here at least a common suggestion is to start lifting heavy stuff.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I agree that you need to work towards recomp. You have probably what you can with the body weight work out and need to add weight training, especially if you want a six pack.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    A few weeks isn't much of a plateau, you probably mostly need patience.

You mention that you prefer food with bar codes. Are you verifying that they contain the quantity you expect and that you are only eating one serving?
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    Your logging needs tightening up.
    Even though you see using bar codes you still need to weigh the item.
    One thing that always varies is a slice of bread. The end slices weigh less than the centre slices, the bar code is just an estimate.
    Butter and peanut butter, salad dressings, sauces, cooking oils etc,are all by the tsp or tbsp. sometimes a tbsp is given as 14g sometimes 18g that makes a big difference when fats are involved. Also if you are just winging it with a spoonful you could be off x2!!
    If the measurement is in ml use a liquid measuring spoon or cup.

Measure and weigh everything. As you are eating the minimum a man needs you shouldn't drop your cals even more.

Extra exercise may help, but please remember to eat back 50-75% of your burn.
    You need to fuel your body to exercise successfully.

Cheers, h.