Saggy pouch after big baby

I have lost weight and am down to 9 stone 7 pounds I'm 5ft 3. I have two children my first when I was 16 was 9 pound 3 and a year ago I had a ten pound baby. Being so young with the first and her being so heavy my skin really stretched I was left with a pouch I have shrunk it a lot but has anyone ever toned there's without surgery or no how I can improve this? Anyone have one as well? It is knocking my confidence :(

Replies

• mellyb11
    mellyb11 Posts: 32 Member
    This is me too, would be interested to see if anyone has tips.
  • adriannacoates80
    adriannacoates80 Posts: 8 Member
    My doctor told me at my 6 week check up he had a list of plastic surgeons if I wanted my tummy back to normal
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited October 2015
    My stomach isn't perfect. I have obesity (260 lbs @ 5'4.5") and 2 c-sections to thank. My 2nd c-section was at the end of May last year.

Stretched out skin may shrink back. There is a higher chance of this if you are young, lose slowly (giving skin time to adapt), and keep well hydrated.

The pouch itself is typically a combination of loose skin and fat. Getting your BF% lower should make it thinner and then time (usually they say maintaining a weight for 2 yrs) for the skin to adjust. Then there is also the possibility of abdominal separation that you may want to check and see if you have (you can google how to self check). There are some ways to help try and close this at home, but I think if it's really bad, it probably requires surgery.

dcv4kuqh1rbw.jpg
    vox4ripns1c3.jpg
    6n8vk1jkbq2r.jpg

go8x9bc7wj8q.jpg
    Friday Oct 23rd

With mine you can see that it has gone down a lot. The wrinkling on my stomach is the loose skin, the thickness it still has however is I believe still a layer of fat (that stubbornly doesn't seem to be shifting anymore).

Whether I opt for surgery or not remains to be seen. I'm about 4-6 lbs from where I want to be and then I'm going to try maintaining that for a couple years before making the final decision.
  • amberlyda1
    amberlyda1 Posts: 154 Member
    I had really bad loos skin after my kids. I had to tuck myself in anytime i got up or down. I couldnt even wear a one piece bathing suit because I had a small tire. I just didnt have good elasticity to my skin and my abdominal muscles separated by over 3 in. I went from an E breast to a B. I could have hacky sacked those girls. I couldnt even keep them in a bra if I bent over. After I was done having kids I got as skinny as I could and got a tummy tuck and a breast lift. It was the best selfish thing i have ever done for myself
  • joanapires81
    joanapires81 Posts: 2 Member
    Kinda realizing that my tummy will only get worse and i just started dieting!!!!! Stretch marks from the cesarian scar up almost to the breasts!!!!! 23kg to lose!!!!! Dreading.... :(:(
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    usually being young is helpful, your skin is more elastic. You might just to see where you stand and how well it bounces back after you get to your goal weight. If it truly is loose skin, I'm afraid nothing short of surgery will get it back to normal.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    There isn't a lot you can do with your skin, it is all down to genes. But you can help the look of your tummy, while tou are losing the fat, by doing some strength training.

Progressive compound lifting would be best, but a good bodywork routine like nerdfitness.com will strengthen your abs.

This will support your skin and any visceral fat you have, giving you a better look even if you have loose skin.

If you have had an abdominal separation, do an Internet search for appropriate exercises to help, crunches are one of the exercises that don't.

Give it 2 years after reaching your goal weight before deciding on surgery.

Cheers, h.