A Lifetime of Chubbiness Ends Here

Options
Hello all, I'm Robert, a pale white nerd that has suffered a lifelong weight problem. I've been in the "Overweight" BMI category for as long as I can remember. Of course I can only blame this on myself, as I am not exactly active and just got over a Mountain Dew addiction.

At the beginning of the year I weighed myself and came to the realization that a lifestyle change was a must. I was 210lbs, the heaviest I had ever been (or at least heaviest recorded, I didn't weigh myself very often), so I made a resolution. Now I'm at 188lbs thanks to quitting soda cold turkey and going for the occasional walk.

I still have a little ways to go before I squeak into the "healthy" category, but I want more than that now. I actually want to get in shape, maybe even get fit enough to some some sports without having a heart attack. I just started doing various strength and cardio workouts in conjunction with calorie counting.

I'm not the perfect dieter, I still indulge in a sweet treat or a beer every once in a while, but I do a pretty decent job of coming in under my calorie goal everyday (I also overestimate what I eat if I don't have a way to precisely measure it). I made my diary view able to friends if you want to scrutinize me (which I welcome).

Replies

• Bruce
    Bruce Posts: 29 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Congratulations on your success so far!