Looking for Vegan My Fitness Pals

Options
My name is RoB and am looking for other Vegans who use MFP to track their Nutrition and Exercise. I would like to meet other MFP Vegans to exchange food and recipe ideas.

I transitioned from bring Vegetarian to fully Vegan in July this year and it has brought so much positive change into my life.

Of course, i know there are many Vegans out there who have been living the lifestyle for sometimes decades and sometimes even generations.

For me Veganism is about harmony, balance and sharing. Achieving that in our individual lives is a worthy struggle.

Add Me to share your Vegan nutrition and lifestyle ideas and to learn about mine too.

"Eatch yer Veggies"

Replies

• Bruce
    Bruce Posts: 29 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to the community! You can also check out the Groups area to find more members like yourself
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    Been vegan since 2008. Howdy.
  • robmcleod613
    robmcleod613 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi BecomingBane.

Thanks for taking the time to say hi.

Currently, I am trying to take my MFP and the website reports to a new level and have really been focussing on the reports like Macros and Nutrients. Also I am trying to front load my daily caloric load as early as possible to give me the sustained energy I need to make it through the day.

I have been trying to up my protein intake as much as possible but with as much variety as possible. To that end I have started using a Vegan protein shake and even bump that with some hemp protein powder.

What do you do to crank the protein levels in your diet?

RoB
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    I eat massive amounts of tofu, seitan and have shakes on my training days to increase the overall count. I'm currently eating about 225 grams of protein on training days when I'm paying good attention to my macros.

What is your goal and what do your macro ratio goals look like? What is the end result that you are hoping to achieve.

Please be aware that I don't believe in eating "clean" as I don't think any food is bad and I do believe in moderation of everything. My diary is open I think... but I'm on a work trip right now, so probably not the best time to look for any ideas. My meals are generally around 600-800 calories each with high protein counts... I actually tend to lack in carbs more days than not.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I think this group might have what you are looking for: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/45-happy-herbivores
  • robmcleod613
    Options
    Why thank you that looks great. :pjf0c1xg2tlku.jpeg
  • Meghnel
    Meghnel Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am vegetarian too
  • robmcleod613
    Options
    I eat massive amounts of tofu, seitan and have shakes on my training days to increase the overall count. I'm currently eating about 225 grams of protein on training days when I'm paying good attention to my macros.

> I wish I could make that much protein a day.

What is your goal and what do your macro ratio goals look like? What is the end result that you are hoping to achieve.

> Currently, I weigh 147lb. My weight fluctuates between 144-148. That is down a bit from where I thought things had "settled" after fluctuating between 150 -155 for a while after I had adapted to fairly strict Veganism.

Please be aware that I don't believe in eating "clean" as I don't think any food is bad and I do believe in moderation of everything. My diary is open I think... but I'm on a work trip right now, so probably not the best time to look for any ideas. My meals are generally around 600-800 calories each with high protein counts... I actually tend to lack in carbs more days than not.

I practice what I call NOMAD. No Meat Alcohol Drugs.

> My goal has maintaining 145-147 lbs. as a minimum. Its turns out it is more difficult to add "good" weight.

> Now I am trying to slowly bring that up to 150-155 by adding lean muscle mass.

When you follow the Vegan NOMAD diet its all clean eating as far as I am concerned!

Found this interesting reading about protein .... http://proteinaholic.com/calculator

• robmcleod613
    Options
    Meghnel wrote: »
    I am vegetarian too

Someone has kindly pointed me in the direction of the Groups section and Herbivores.

I was eating Vegetarian for some time before I transitioned to Vegan. ahhhh Paneer I miss you. sniff!

:)

Who knows. Maybe they will make almond cheese paneer one day