Any Other Minnesotans Out There?

Options
Shedding pounds in the North can be tough when it starts to get cold and you don't want to move. Personally I'm struggling with always wanting to make hot dish for dinner but that not being exactly healthy.

What's your Minnesota quirk that you're struggling to overcome in your weight loss journey?

Also, feel free to add me and we Minnesotans can help support each other through the long winter. It's already snowing in some places!

Replies

• ksmithmn1
    ksmithmn1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, another MN person here! I agree the weather makes it hard, also the holidays. I did ok last year but am working out more now so more local friends would be great!
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    I'm Minnesotan born and raised (you betcha) but live across the border in WI now.
  • Swanson83
    Swanson83 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I am from MN as well! I struggle with wanting to move from my couch when it is cold. I love snuggling with a blanket and a book. My goal is to do early morning workouts! We'll see if I can do it! I like walking on my lunch break but skipped it today because it was too windy...and there were signs of white flurries. Planning ahead make it easier for me. I also like the recipe builder on here. You can swap out ingredients in your hotdishes to make them healthier! Add me if you'd like!
  • Khovde07
    Khovde07 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    rankinsect wrote: »
    I'm Minnesotan born and raised (you betcha) but live across the border in WI now.

Does it smell like cheese all the time? Haha!
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Khovde07 wrote: »

If it did, I'd never lose weight. This sums up my love affair with cheese:

https://youtu.be/TMR8a8nCM4c
  • Khovde07
    Options
    Khovde07 wrote: »

If it did, I'd never lose weight. This sums up my love affair with cheese:

https://youtu.be/TMR8a8nCM4c

I hear you...

Grilled-Cheese-GIF-6.gif
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I am Canadian,,,, BUT my fav workouts are outside when it is minus 20!!! FUN FUN FUN!
  • steinbergshelly393
    Options
    I am also a Minnesotan, Northern Minnesotan at that. Just 100 miles south of Canada. Love hotdish as well.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I'm born and raised in Minnesota, but have lived in Rome, Italy for 30 years---it's warmer here. However I will be going home in November to visit. It's nice to go home.
  • Khovde07
    Options
    You'll probably be coming home to a bit of a temperature shock! I bet it's been awhile since you've felt temperatures this low.
  • ravensdiet15
    ravensdiet15 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Minneapolis here... it's been snowing all day where my mom is at! (Near Alexandria).

I've been fighting my comfort food urges with lo cal soups but the fight is on going that's for sure!!
  • jhenan
    jhenan Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I understand how you are feeling. I live in Wisconsin and with the weather turning and getting cold you want to eat warm things
  • laurastrait21
    laurastrait21 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Me me me! A native Sconnie but now reside in Minneapolis :).
  • amiskell28
    amiskell28 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Me! Over in WI now but same struggles!!
  • 1JoshG
    1JoshG Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm in the north metro area.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    Grew up in Stillwater but in the Sierra now! I laugh when people complain about the cold or the mosquitoes. HA!
  • Khovde07
    Options
    Minneapolis here... it's been snowing all day where my mom is at! (Near Alexandria).

I've been fighting my comfort food urges with lo cal soups but the fight is on going that's for sure!!

I grew up in Alexandria! Small world!
  • breccansmommy
    breccansmommy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I lived in Minnesota for 27 yrs of my life, until July of this year when I moved to North Carolina. I grew up in Apple Valley and lived in Blaine for abt a year or two, before I moved to NC. :-)
  • ghouli
    ghouli Posts: 207 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Central MN here :) It snowed here all day yesterday, and for the first few hours nothing was sticking...then the ground kept getting whiter and whiter haha. I think I'm actually more active during winter than I am in summer - I can tolerate freezing cold, but haaaate the heat so I get outside more when it's cold.
  • mandymay01
    mandymay01 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Im from mid Minnesota. Glade to see other Minnesotans here