So out of shape

Options
After having my daughter almost 2 years ago, I've gained almost 40 lbs. I just started a new job and started walking on my lunch. My clothes are looser now. My only issue is that I'm so out of breath when I walk. What do I do? I feeling like a panting dog.

Replies

• boo1its2me
    boo1its2me Posts: 2 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    You just need to walk slow first
  • Lu_wallace06
    Lu_wallace06 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    just keep walking every day.
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Walk slower. Keep to a pace you could talk comfortably at. Or sing under your breath. You'll build up speed as you continue. :smile:
  • 1stladyserrano
    1stladyserrano Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. I am 5'5 and weigh 187 now. I thought that nursing would help me some but I was constantly hungry. I'm paying for it now, but I will get back on track. I'm hoping to get back to 150 real soon. I've been really struggling. I figured walking would be much suitable for me.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    You'll build endurance as you keep doing it. It's not easy at first. I'm 218 lbs, 5'3", and I just started the couch to 5k program. And believe me, I've been a couch potato for several years. I even hold the distinction of having sat on my butt for 2500 hours playing an MMO. But I'm doing it. It's hard, but I'll stick with it. Every time, it gets a little bit easier. You can do it! Stick with it!
  • AEROBICVIC
    AEROBICVIC Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    You're doing great, just take one day at time... one step at a time. Try adding 10-15 minutes of stretching while you're relaxing at the end of the day. Sit on the floor while watching TV with family and do some simple stretches. The more flexible your body is, the better you feel. You'll notice little things like morning time when you first get out of bed. Sometimes we feel a little stiff and takes a few mins to get moving. The more you move and the more flexible you are, the better you feel. You'll welcome mornings! You'll also notice it will be easier to keep moving, less soreness in legs (shin splints). Keep the feet moving and keep on smiling!