179 Pounds Down & 97 to Go!

Options
I am a 23 year old male from Texas! I currently teach high school English, Theatre Arts, and Debate! I have struggled with my weight for the majority of my lifetime, and remember it being an issue as far back as 1st grade. In November of 2014, just shortly after beginning my teaching career, I learned that my knees could not take the burden and strain of carrying my 480+ pound body. I knew that I would have to lose weight, especially if I wanted to be an effective educator.

However, I did nothing to help myself, and in February of 2015, I discovered that I had gained another 20 pounds, and weighed a whopping 501 pounds! It was at this juncture, paired with the clothing and tux issues I had at my brother's wedding, that made me decide that I had to begin searching for help.

In March of 2015, I saw a fantastic doctor in San Antonio, Texas, who helped me decided on a plan of action that would ultimately lead me where I am today.

On my 23rd Birthday, or June 1st of 2015, I underwent a procedure referred to as "vertical sleeve gastrectomy" or just "gastric sleeve". Prior to surgery I had lost a bit of weight, and since February of 2015, I have lost 179 pounds! I currently weigh 322 pounds, and I can not wait to hit my goal of 225!

I hope that you will friend me and help encourage me on this incredible journey! I would love to do the same for you!

Replies

• ernestwhite75
    ernestwhite75 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work!
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I love the comment in your profile about wanting the outside of you to match the inside. It's so funny how we can feel one way on the inside but our outside just doesn't match anymore, or maybe never matched for some people. I hope they both come together perfectly for you.
  • hotch2014
    hotch2014 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ernest!

And Pearso, thanks! I really appreciate your kindness and well-wishes. They are surely coming together!
  • PeachesNcreamgal
    PeachesNcreamgal Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Thats really awesome!! keep up the good work!!
  • ApolakiKali
    ApolakiKali Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress! Add me bub.
  • ashleyisraelhewitt
    Options
    Great job!
  • kristilankford
    kristilankford Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the positive attitude!
  • ksved187
    ksved187 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Keep up the awesome job!