I'm new to this whole working out thing

Options
Melbel85
Melbel85 Posts: 240 Member
I am on day 3 of level 1 Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and its starting to get easier but I have a couple of questions.
1. I feel nauseous after working out. I know this is most likely because I don't eat anything before hand but I'm afraid that I'll just throw up after my workout. What's the secret here?
2. With it being the 30 day shred, are you supposed to workout for 30 days straight or take a day off once a week?
Please be kind with your answers... Thank you

Replies

• RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I took about 1 day off a week when doing the shred/ripped in 30. It's good to just have a rest day, but some people do it every single day.

As far is eating- if you eat something basic ( whole wheat toast, chicken, veggies, etc) then you shouldn't be sick, but try to eat 30-45 minutes before your workout. I do this and have no issues with feeling sick, good luck!
  • BigTex5723
    BigTex5723 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    try to eat before the wokrout @least 30 minutes and nothin dairy and if you begin to feel lik this get some pineapple juice or orange juice and have a glass...this always helps me
  • kimbermoore
    Options
    I worked for a weight trainer once who would not end his training session until someone threw up. He said that's how he knew he was being effective.
    As for the rest, yes, I would take at least one day off a week - but that doesn't mean that you can eat anything you want, just means you can forego the workout (unless your workout plan says otherwise).
    Hope that helps.
  • oravavaara
    oravavaara Posts: 29
    Options
    Don't eat anything big before you workout. Something small but high in simple carbs will help keep your body from accumulating too much lactic acid, which could be what's making you naseous. I take a shot of honey or molasses often, if I'm really hungry I'll eat a teaspoon of peanut butter, and I often eat a little bit of salt. The molasses/salt combination is nutritionally very similar to what you see marketed toward athletes- shot blocks, Gu, and the like- only without the cost, excess packaging, and preservatives.

Above all, listen to your body. It's normal to feel a bit queasy after an intense workout, but if you think something is seriously wrong, slow down or take a break.

Good luck!
  • mckval
    mckval Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I get up at 4:45am to workout. There is no way I can eat beforehand. Typically, I will have a half a glass of fruit juice (abt 4oz) before I go out the door. That works for me. Then I come home, I finish the glass, get ready for work, and eat breakfast.