How do I log workout tapes?

Options
I am an old school person and I love to do workout tapes, I have walk away the pounds and just got a taebo boot camp for free. Whats the best way to log these

Replies

• GeordieLaforge
    GeordieLaforge Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    There's really no way to log workout videos. The best you can do is add your videos as general "aerobics" with the length of the video. (Eg: 40min of moderate intensity aerobics) This will give an approximate calorie expenditure.

Hope that helps somewhat, sorry it can't be more exact haha

• MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    walk away pounds (leslie sansone dvds), 1 mile equals approximately 100 calories burned (although you could burn more on some miles, this is a simple estimation she said we could use for each mile). you can log it under 'general aerobics' on mfp.
    i just mark it under Leslie sansone 1/100 as 15mins per mile.

taebo videos are way more intense, i still have that vhs set myself but, i could not keep up with him! i probably would log it as high impact aerobic if i ever decided to use it again.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    There is a "kickboxing" choice you could use for taebo.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Zadora251 wrote: »
    I am an old school person and I love to do workout tapes, I have walk away the pounds and just got a taebo boot camp for free. Whats the best way to log these

Low impact aerobics is really close for Leslie Sansone. Close to what my heart rate monitor says, anyway.

Taebo is probably higher impact....but general aerobics is about as close as you are going to come.

MFP calorie burns are general estimates anyway.