I need some good low cal sweets.

Options
caseynjason
caseynjason Posts: 96 Member
So I am a major chocolate and dessert fan, so I need to find some good low cal recipes to use. I already use fat free yogurt instead of oil or butter in some of mine to tweak them, but do you have any tried and true good low cal recipes for some goodies? Thanks!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• caseynjason
    caseynjason Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    So I am a major chocolate and dessert fan, so I need to find some good low cal recipes to use. I already use fat free yogurt instead of oil or butter in some of mine to tweak them, but do you have any tried and true good low cal recipes for some goodies? Thanks!:flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I love fat free jello chocolate pudding with a bit of fat free cool whip

not a recipe but yummy
  • tamonthego
    Options
    I like taking 2 chocolate graham crackers and dip them in fat free cool whip::))
  • anembellishment
    Options
    There is a group of sweets you can make by the brand name "No Pudge" I have some No Pudge Brownies in my cubbard but haven't tried them yet. Many who follow Weight Watchers swear by them. Then, there's Weight Watcher desserts, but I always want more!

Some other MFP members alerted me to the Recipezaar website and they have desserts, but I haven't tried them myself yet! Here's the link to the desserts: http://www.recipezaar.com/recipes/low-calorie,desserts.

And another fun site Hungry Girl has a "Chew the Right Thing" section with recipe and calorie counts. The recipes are not as easy to sort through, but here is one of the chocolate recipes I could find: http://hungry-girl.com/chew/chewdetails.php?isid=1402
    and the recipe:
    To Die For!
    The brand-new HG cookbook, Hungry Girl: Recipes and Survival Strategies for Guilt-Free Eating in the Real World, hits stores TODAY. To celebrate, we're featuring one of our favorite new recipes from it. You'll FLIP for these super-chocolatey fluffy things...

Ingredients:
    2 cups moist-style chocolate cake mix (half of an 18.25-oz. box)
    Two 25-calorie packets diet hot cocoa mix
    1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
    2 tbsp. semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
    1 tsp. Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)
    1/8 tsp. salt

Directions:
    Place chocolate chips and the contents of both cocoa packets in a tall glass. Add 12 ounces of boiling water, and stir until chips and cocoa mix have dissolved. Place glass in the freezer to chill for 25 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Once cocoa has chilled, give it a stir, and mix with all other ingredients in a mixing bowl. Whip batter with a whisk or fork for 2 minutes. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray, or line it with baking cups. Evenly spoon batter (which will be thin, but don't worry, your cupcakes will puff up!) into the pan. Place pan in the oven, and bake for 15 minutes. Cupcakes will look shiny when done. MAKES 12 SERVINGS

Serving Size: 1 cupcake
    Calories: 108
    Fat: 2.5g
    Sodium: 239mg
    Carbs: 19g
    Fiber: 1g
    Sugars: 12g
    Protein: 2g

POINTS® value 2*

Good Luck (for me too!)
  • JesCrdr
    JesCrdr Posts: 28
    Options
    If you don't mind a little bit of prep, I'm making the biggest loser's version of a banana split tonight.

Take a banana, cut it down the middle, then each into halves, so that you have four sections. Put that on a plate, then put 1/4 c sugar free, fat free vanilla yogurt, then put 1/3 c chopped fresh strawberries, then 1 tbsp crunchy high fiber, low sugar cereal. Heat 1 1/2 tsps fat free, sugar free hot fudge, pour over top. It sounds more complicated than it is, but it's really good, and you can even eat it for breakfast! Yum!

per banana split
    195 cal
    5 g protein
    46 g carbs
    less than 1 g fat
    2 mg cholesterol
    5 g fiber
    88 mg sodium
  • skinnyme22
    Options
    Biggest Loser Jello Strawberry Mouse

3/4 cup boiling water
    1 package strawberry jello
    1 cup ice cube
    2 cup cool whip ( extra cool whip ontop of mouse )
    2 pt strawberry sliced ( 2 cup )

2.15 prep
    50 calories
    2.5 total fat
    :smooched: :love: