Stuck in a Cycle

Options
Hi, my name is Ellie and I have put on 3 stone in the last 2 years. Something really traumatic happened to me 2 years ago, which I won't go into... But it has left my confidence at an all time low, I hardly go out socially and I just binge on unhealthy food instead. The more I put on the less motivated I am to lose it.

I have come to a point where I need to do something. I was a perfectly healthy weight for me before, and now...I don't even want to look in the mirror.

If anyone has any tips on how to get out of this mindset and to kick start my new life style, please comment. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ellie x

Replies

• bexb97
    bexb97 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same kind of place as you...
    I've tried this app as well as other diets etc. many times and always gave up.
    But this time I'm sticking with it, I don't really know what happened but I just woke up one day completely sick of feeling sorry for myself.
    This might not be helpful but you just really need to get in the headspace of wanting to change. Maybe make your phone screensaver a picture of you now, to motivate you to change instead of binge eating.
    I know it's hard, believe me, especially when you have nothing but food to give you comfort.
  • ellietaffy
    ellietaffy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply.

I really do need to kick myself up the *kitten*. Just I always give up when I don't see results. I'm so impatient!

X
  • glortard
    glortard Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Make sure you deal with the underlying issue first by ideally speaking to someone.
  • Meghnel
    Meghnel Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Think of yourself as someone else, a second person, who you are trying to help. Think positive and say to yourself u can do it. Take 5 min of your time per day to meditate and think positive. First u need to love yourself and be selfish for your health. Take baby steps, don't set big goals. Even one pound in a month is a good success and once u are into it you will get in to habit of thinking positive and work hard to get result. It's all in mind
  • ellietaffy
    ellietaffy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Can't believe I actually had replies. I know I have an underlying issue that I need to sort, just struggling to know where to start. Thanks for the amazing advice guys!