How do you share out your calories?

Options
How do you balance out your days calories? Do you share them out equally across meals? or have more at one meal than others? Do you use any for snacks? etc

Just wondering :-)

Replies

• TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I try to spread them out as even as possible. If I eat a little more at one point then I eat less at the next. I use a few for snacks but I try to keep the snacks as healthy as possible.
  • Satimal
    Satimal Posts: 6
    Options
    I usually make sure I get a good breakfast and lunch and unless I'm super duper hungry, I just snack for dinner.... I am on 1200 calories and by the time dinner comes around I will have around 200-400 left over after breakfast and lunch for snacking.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My dinner calories are almost always more than the rest of the day added together.
  • sunflowermom2
    Options
    You can use them how ever you want. just realize that you only get so many a day. So I space mine out some. Usually about 300 hundred for breakfast and 300 for lunch and I then use the rest for snacking and dinner.
  • pamfin
    pamfin Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I tend to plan ahead by a day (really anal I know!) and if I have a bigger lunch, I'll have a lighter dinner. I try and stick to what I've planned and then edit and delete where necessary before completing it.
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I eat the least for breakfast because I'm usually not very hungry when I first get up but if I have to go to my lunch I'm usually starving! I probably have the most for dinner because I'm cooking for two instead of just myself...I don't really plan it out that far in advance.
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options
    I have to make things pretty simple in order to stay focused. I average 100 calories for 4 snacks and under 500 for 3 meals.

Breakfast is usually around 300 calories
    AM snack - 100 calories
    Lunch - usually around 400 calories
    PM snack - 100 calories
    Dinner - usually around 500 calories
    Evening snack - whatever's left, which depends on whether I've exercised that day and whether I"m on a 1200 calorie day or a 1400 or a 1700. I try to keep my calories at a different place each day, so my metabolism can't catch on to what I'm doing and set the reset button...

I enter my food for the day in the morning...that way, I plan ahead, I know what's coming and I'm less likely to have a slipup.

Hollycat
    :flowerforyou:
  • SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I try to have a lighter dinner, my biggest meal is normally lunch to power me through my workouts.I figure eating lighter at dinner means my body will be burning fat while I sleep.
  • mammado11
    mammado11 Posts: 26
    Options
    I like to snack in the evenings after dinner, so I make sure I plan my meals/snacks throughout the day so I have enough calories left to snack later on! Also, if I know Im having something higher in calories for a meal, I try to workout more to make up those extra calories.
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I try to spread them out pretty evenly and ideally try to plan to have more earlier in the day so I have more opportunity to burn it off. It doesn't always work out that way. It is always changing depending on when I am hungrier. Sometimes I'm more hungry at breakfast than lunch and other days it's the opposite. I listen to my body.
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Im hungrier at night, so I save more for dinner.. usually. I tried spreading evenely out but ended up too hungry after dinner. I like to see 900calories left after lunch. (so 900 calories left for afternoon snack, dinner, and night snack). ---although my calorie allotment for the day is 1610 (will be harder to do this when i loose more and have to eat 1200 a day).

Feel free to look at my diary for today. Ive preentered everything for today (I just got done eating morning snack). Usually I dont plan out a day, but I just got back from vacation and wanted a perfect day to flush out my system. I always eat 3 snacks and 3 meals; otherwise when lunch comes I want more then what i brought for lunch, and when dinner comes I eat double the amount. (warning: dont look back on previous day cuz when I came back from a high salt, low water vacation I didnt have any food left at home to eat and just went shopping yesterday so today i have good food again lol)