Lost 16kg so far..looking for tips, advice, etc

Hi all. I started getting into shape around a year ago. Running a business, etc I put myself last and decided it was time to put myself first. I started running once a week, rowing twice a week and some strength training. I've lost 16kg so far and signed up for my first marathon in April 2016. I'm trying to lose 4kg more. I've been vegetarian all my life and naturally became vegan 6 months ago, mainly for ethical reasons. I don't know any other vegans out there who are training regularly and would love some more advice, tips, encouragement to reach my goals. I only joined MFP 2 weeks ago and love it so far. Looking forward to hear back from anyone! ;-)

Replies

• Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,874 MFP Staff
    Hi. Welcome to the MyFitnessPal Community! Congrats on the weight loss.
  • robmcleod613
    robmcleod613 Posts: 11 Member
    Hi,

Fellow Vegan here. I'm happy to help motivate to your goals.

RoB
  • stalevski72
    stalevski72 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi Rob. Thanks a lot. I've been vegetarian all my life and only become vegan a few months ago. I feel fantastic for various reasons, but since tracking my food intake the last 2 weeks, it looks like I fall short of my protein every day. I've added lentils, quinoa to my daily intake, but any recommendations or am I just reading into it too much? I'm training for a marathon, so want to be safe, not sorry.