packed lunches

Options
2»

Replies

• brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    redbristol wrote: »
    been on this site a few times but the lost the motivation the fact that I have now started talking to others on here seems to be a good driver how often do you all get on the scales to check your progress

I feel like joining in the community discussions is really helping me too! I bet your lunch problem can be solved with pre-planning on evenings or a weekend. Make a big batch version of something that fits your tastes and needs (I am an omnivore and honestly dont know a ton of vegetarian options to give ideas). This weekend I made a huge pot of a vegetable soup for example, and I portioned out 2oz servings of chicken to go with it. Idk if a soup could fill you up but maybe if you can add in some beans or tofu you might have a good option! Another thing I used to do actually that is vegetarian is a kind of coconut curry stir fry, I never really had a recipe just some minced ginger, coconut milk, red curry paste, and soy sauce in a sauce form cooked with broccoli, carrots, and lentils!

Basically anything you can cook once and transport to work is a great option to reduce scrambling for something on your way out the door or settling for boring options.
  • jeremynotsofat
    jeremynotsofat Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Lately my go-to has been something I logged on MFP as "Lunch Sandwich." It's always about 500 calories. I supplement that with a simple salad of spring mix. The dressing varies depending on my calories that day: if I need a more substantial lunch I throw in some olives or cheese. But I have to be careful with the cheese: I spent 25 years not knowing what a reasonable serving size looks like!
  • redbristol
    redbristol Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    thank you all for your suggestions and it has certainly kept me away from the dreaded cheese sandwich because like others I can not judge a portion size of cheese normally the bigger the better. This community has motivated me I have now religiously logged my diet for 5 days and not touched cheese today on the scales I was 3 lb lighter Thank you all
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite quick lunches is to take a garlic/quinoa veggie burger and some of the steam in the bag rice with mixed veggies in it and throw it in a microwavable container.

I also like taking a slice of turkey and putting it between a lick slice of swiss. I use the swiss as the "bread". I am not low carb, but it reduces the calories and I don't have the urge to put mayo on it without the bread!

I take a fancy lettuce blend and then I add one of the Sargento Balanced Breaks snack packs to it for flavor and crunch. The dried fruit helps give it flavor so I don't need much, if any salad dressing.

I also try to have a serving of fruit, and a light cheese stick.

I do take the occasional left over and reheat it in the microwave.

• Looncove_Farm
    Looncove_Farm Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Egg salad sandwich or Tuna sandwich.
    Salad with walnuts, cheese, and raisins,,,I personally like this.
    Leftovers from the night before.
    Baked potatoes, fried onions with a bit of sour cream (if you have a microwave) and a chunk of hard cheese.
    Fruit salad with cream.
    Nuts, nuts nuts. I love nuts, lol.
    Soup and crackers with a little cheese.
    Cheese and crackers and a bowl of grapes.
    These are some of my lunches on a normal day. I live and work on a farm so im home a lot but very very busy, so im not in the house a lot for extended periods of time.

Happy day to ya!

Becca
  • TrickyDisco
    TrickyDisco Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    Hello and congrats on your 3lb loss, a great result in a few days! In the UK too, trying to lose a few more pounds after a 2 stone weight loss followed by a small gain. I don't eat meat or dairy, my lunches could easily be packed up the night before if no time in the mornings. I have a wholemeal sandwich with either peanut butter, yeast extract, home-made lentil or lemon chickpea spread, then have a few of each of the following - dried apricots, almonds, walnut halves, prunes, pumpkin seeds (I have about 10g of these), a few slices of sweet pepper and celery and an apple or banana. Nuts and seeds are small but calorie-dense and a source of protein and unsaturated fats, fruits a source of fibre, vitamins and natural sugars. Could wrap things like these up in foil and leave in fridge overnight, could add a carton of natural fruit juice or a yoghurt too maybe?
  • katie1318
    katie1318 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Shirataki noodles, stir fry veggies, and soy sauce. Prep the night before!

Homemade Kale chips, Greek yogurt, and reduced calorie bread with vegan cheese sandwich (satisfies my bread/cheese craving)

Can of light sodium soup, side salad (watch the dressing!)

Cauliflower rice (lots of recipes on Google!), black beans, spinach, salsa in a burrito bowl.

Hope this helps :)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    beans and rice
    vegetarian chili
    tofu stir fry
    greek yogurt with fruit
    hummus with veggie strips or crackers
    bean burrito
    avocado and black bean taco
    fish taco
  • Kuruschka
    Kuruschka Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Soya sausages
    Quorn fillets
    Halloumi salad
    veg stir fry
    Fish cakes and salad
    Soup
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I need to eat fast at work (I usually work over lunch) so I need my lunch no-mess and no-fuss. Here's what I usually eat:

Peanut butter wrap (I don't eat much meat)
    Cheese stick (50 cal.)
    Low-sugar yogurt
    piece of fruit (apple, strawberry, pear, etc.)