Best exercises to help diastasis recti?

Options
Any exercises that have helped strengthen that tummy gap?

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Not sure, but i've seen it discussed a few times before. Try searching the archives. :+1:
  • ephiemarie
    ephiemarie Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    For me personally, I had great results with a combination of heavy lifting and running. I've had 4 children and developed DR after the first. My youngest is now 2, and my gap is nothing more than a tiny space directly behind my belly button. I'd recommend avoiding any abdominal work that puts you in a supine position.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    Here is a link to a free exercise PDF.
    I have no experience with it, read through and maybe it will work.
    There is also the Tupler technique that is supposed to help. Again I am no expert.

Cheers, h.

http://breakingmuscle.com/womens-fitness/12-weeks-of-workouts-to-rebuild-after-diastasis-recti
  • iambabygoose
    iambabygoose Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    ephiemarie wrote: »
    For me personally, I had great results with a combination of heavy lifting and running. I've had 4 children and developed DR after the first. My youngest is now 2, and my gap is nothing more than a tiny space directly behind my belly button. I'd recommend avoiding any abdominal work that puts you in a supine position.

Thank you. I'm just doing a combo of cardio and strengthening exercises at the moment, but modifying your usual sit ups and crunches to more trans abs friendly exercises. I just need to know What I'm doing is worth it!
  • iambabygoose
    iambabygoose Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Here is a link to a free exercise PDF.
    I have no experience with it, read through and maybe it will work.
    There is also the Tupler technique that is supposed to help. Again I am no expert.

Cheers, h.

http://breakingmuscle.com/womens-fitness/12-weeks-of-workouts-to-rebuild-after-diastasis-recti

Lovely, thanks for the link!