Thai Food

Options
So - I am going out to Thai food today and wanted to poll the masses. What do you order when you go out for Thai? I am thinking about trying Larb for the first time, as that looks like a pretty good option.

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Always Pad Thai, but I only eat about half the noodles.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Drunken noodles or Volcano Chicken.
  • ActiveApril
    ActiveApril Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I get Drunken Noodles with extra veggies. I don't think it has coconut milk in it, but I always expect a gain the next day due to water retention because it has tons of sodium!!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Summer rolls, tom yum, satay (but go easy on the sauce), or a stir fry with veg and/or lean meat - go easy on the rice or skip it. If you want a curry without coconut, the kaeng pa (jungle curry) is more brothy.

I always order yellow curry because I just love it too much not to!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I was going to say summer rolls too. I will actually get them as a meal instead of an appetizer. Sometimes they will have pork and shrimp and sometimes just shrimp or they can be vegetarian. i use plenty of peanut sauce. I love most Thai food but eat it rarely. Live a little get some Pad Thai
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I usually do basil chicken, no rice. And eat all of it.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    Basil chicken with brown rice and summer rolls.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Basil chicken is my fav!!
  • tcaley4
    tcaley4 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    pad thai
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    spicy basil noodles and eat only half, or green curry and eat only part of the rice... always like bringing back left overs for lunch the next day
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I can't resist pa nang curry, so I eat half. Most thai dishes are heavy on the sauce/noodles, so I just make room for it and enjoy it, especially if they have black rice!!
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Beef rendang.
  • Queenmunchy
    Options
    ASKyle wrote: »
    I can't resist pa nang curry, so I eat half. Most thai dishes are heavy on the sauce/noodles, so I just make room for it and enjoy it, especially if they have black rice!!

My favorite!
  • ellerist
    ellerist Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You guys are making me hungry! I guess it is Thai for us tonight too. Grilled beef salad, green curry with chicken and drunken noodles. Side of rice for hubby - as for me, i will have steamed broccoli with the beef and chicken plus a little taste of the drunken noodles.
  • Queenmunchy
    Options
    I want Thai now too! I almost told my husband we should go out this weekend but we have a groupon for Ethiopian that we're using before it expires.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I love Thai bar-b-que pork with no bones. I eat half and half the rice.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    When making Pad Thai at home, I use spaghetti squash, instead of noodles.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    I always get lahb (sometimes spelled larb). It can get pretty spicy if you like it that way. If not, be sure to ask. Love the stuff. Enjoy!
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I've never had a Thai dish I didn't like.. dangerous
  • LastingChanges
    LastingChanges Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Love thai food, usually if I get pad thai or the flat spicy noodles (forgot what its called) I only eat half because they have so many calories and I am usually stuffed anyway half way through. Take the other half home :)