Trans teen on journey, join me...if you dare :P

Options
Hi, I'm Adam.

I'm a transgender FTM teen (if you're unsure what that means just ask or google it haha).
I have joined this site to lose fat and gain muscle, however, I'm super clueless about what is good for me to eat to achieve my goal.
I'd like to have people on here and on my feed (is that what it's called?) that I can learn from, share hobbies and exercise stuff with and also anyone who likes the same stuff as me. I plan to be very active on here (and in real life haha).
I like walking, which is strange for a teenager to say :wink:
Adam Lambert is my favourite singer, I love him so much. Yes, I'm a gay dude inside :blush:
Watching TV is my pastime but it's also the reason I eat so much trash. Merlin, OUAT, GOT, TWD, Fringe... There's about twenty more and I'm not even kidding haha
I'm a Film student :smile:
I have a cat

I would love to have some people as friends on here and it would be great if we can motivate each other and share our insanity lol

Replies

• creamcake2
    creamcake2 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    OK ! Weight loss is something we all struggle with! We do have 1 thing in common...Adam Lambert is one of my favorite artists too !! I am much much older than you.....but I still love that mans music! Your personal choices in your life are YOUR personal choices. You will be accepted here for who you are!
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Forgive me if I'm incorrect but are you trying to make the point that you are trying to get rid of your feminine shape and recreate yourself to be more masculine? Hence asking about building muscle and the need to tell us you are transgender? :) good luck on your journey :)
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    adam8899 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm Adam.

I'm a transgender FTM teen (if you're unsure what that means just ask or google it haha).
    I have joined this site to lose fat and gain muscle, however, I'm super clueless about what is good for me to eat to achieve my goal.
    I'd like to have people on here and on my feed (is that what it's called?) that I can learn from, share hobbies and exercise stuff with and also anyone who likes the same stuff as me. I plan to be very active on here (and in real life haha).
    I like walking, which is strange for a teenager to say :wink:
    Adam Lambert is my favourite singer, I love him so much. Yes, I'm a gay dude inside :blush:
    Watching TV is my pastime but it's also the reason I eat so much trash. Merlin, OUAT, GOT, TWD, Fringe... There's about twenty more and I'm not even kidding haha
    I'm a Film student :smile:
    I have a cat

I would love to have some people as friends on here and it would be great if we can motivate each other and share our insanity lol

Hi Adam! I've been here a while and I'm almost done with weight loss (67lbs gone, 4 to go) but I'd love to be your friend. I love Merlin! I watched it whilst it was on, as a Brit, but I've recently started to rewatch it. I love me some Adam Lambert (as a pan female I'm a little jealous that he plays for your team and not mine!) and I adore cats. Good luck :)
  • ActiveApril
    ActiveApril Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Adam, feel free to add me. I don't put much on my own feed but do respond to posts from people that I follow. I am not trans but have a teen that is so I am familiar with your journey.
  • adam8899
    adam8899 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
  • adam8899
    Options
    @KT_3009 cheers :) no I haven't yet, I have booked my GP appointment though so that's a step haha
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,227 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hey guys - this discussion has been cleaned up a little to remove things that may have conflicted with Community Guidelines. Please take a look, and keep these in mind while posting: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Hope y'all have a lovely day. And remember - *whispers* It's almost Friday... And we get to dress-up on Saturday.

Oh - and @adam8899 - Welcome to the community. :flowerforyou:

Cheers,
  • adam8899
    Options
    @JustSomeEm thank you and yeah definitely dressing up!
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Adam. There are all sorts of great stickies to get you on your way. One thing to keep in mind is that it is nearly impossible to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time. It's a good idea to have a goal in mind and work on that. If your main goal is to lose weight it's a good idea to be sure to get adequate protein and lift heavy while eating at a deficit in order to maintain as much muscle mass as possible.

This is a long-time favorite of mine:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

Good luck to you.
  • flisikdaria
    flisikdaria Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's sad that you seek understanding in the net , though only here safely. You are not alone ! Remember ! as something that write to me and I'll help you ; ) everyone has the right to be the way it is ! I do not have a merry life but somehow gives advice ; ) do not give up! We lose weight together! ; )
  • adam8899
    Options
    @JenAndSome thanks for the tip :)
  • KT_3009
    KT_3009 Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    adam8899 wrote: »
    @KT_3009 cheers :) no I haven't yet, I have booked my GP appointment though so that's a step haha

That's an amazing step to take! Have you watched FTM videos on YouTube? I've watched a lot and they might interest you.. I know a few guys go into detail about how they gained muscle and in conjunction with the hormone it helped a lot!
  • adam8899
    Options
    @KT_3009 :) I've not watched them for that purpose so I think I will do that now, thanks :)
  • Samm471
    Samm471 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm not into Adam lambert lol! But here for support in your journey feel free to add me and welcome to mfp :)
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,523 Member
    Options
    Hey, just wanted to say good luck. With the right motivation, you can do anything.

"Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand, and I will move the world." -Archimedes
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I am here to support anyone who needs regardless of their gender, religion, political affiliation...anything. If you want support without judgement (although I will be honest) feel free to friend me. I can't give much advice on your personal gender journey but I can certainly be a cheerleader.
  • questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Sounds like you are on the right track.

FYI, there is an LGBT subgroup here too. :)
  • nade0069
    nade0069 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You can do it Adam!!!
  • deathlydisturbed
    deathlydisturbed Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Adam! I'm Kade, I would love to be your friend! We have the same goals but not very much in common, but if you suggest anything I'll most likely check it out. Feel free to add me! :p
  • krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hi Adam! I'm Krys. Welcome to the community. :) I have three cats, I'm obsessed with the Walking Dead (I will go down with the Richonne ship .. they are meant to be, damn it) and I'd be happy to be alongside you on your journey! :#<3