I am BAAAACK!! Lost it all, gained it all and here I am...

Options
Hey There,

My name is Jackie. I have been on mfp for about 3 years or so. I lost pretty much all my extra baggage. Gained about 20 pounds back and sat there for almost 2 years. I thought I had won the weight battle. I still wasnt happy that I gained the 20 pound back but I was still pretty satisfied with it. Then I had a personal issue (my husband had an affair) and I started eating. I will attach a a visual of this eating!! It has been a year and I am ready to do this again. It's for me. I love the way I feel when I am thinner, I love my back and feet not hurting, I love the praises from my doctor and let's face it, I NEED this.

Feel free to add me if you want. Most of my friends on here are from 3 years ago and most arent active anymore. I could use some good motivational chit chat.

2h3opxh.png

Replies

• Lu_wallace06
    Lu_wallace06 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Feel free to add me!
  • bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,340 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm new here and I just send you a friend request!
  • dmcatlady
    dmcatlady Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm back myself after being on and off here for that last few years. You can add me too!
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    All these stories of people coming back after gaining all (or most) of their lost weight back have VERY apprehensive about ever going on maintenance. Seems like he easy part is the losing and hard part is the "keeping off".
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    itsmyvwbeetle Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Keeping it off was super easy for me. I maintained for about 2 years. It had became a part of my everyday life, a permanent change. Until something major happened to me. I wasn't prepared for that, and really I don't think anyone ever is. Life happens, the key is to not give up. I may have let myself get way down but noone but me can keep me there!!
  • Eibh13
    Eibh13 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm back too! I was never part of the online community but used the app. I'd love to be your friend - I'll be getting my bearings for a while so please excuse me if I seem to ignore you - it'd just I haven't figured out how everything works yet.
    Exxx
  • soccerchickie
    soccerchickie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I did the same. Had great success with MFP a few years ago and turned into an amazing and motivated physical speciman and then strayed off course and gave zero fu@%s! I have been back on track for about 3 weeks and am committed again! We got this!
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    Options
    I did the same. Had great success with MFP a few years ago and turned into an amazing and motivated physical speciman and then strayed off course and gave zero fu@%s! I have been back on track for about 3 weeks and am committed again! We got this!

You go girl!! The first 2 weeks are the hardest. It tells you if you really have your mind straight or if you are just playing! This is my 4th day but I feel like my mind is in the right place. This isnt the first time I tried starting over but this time I am serious (which is why I am in the forums).

• GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new on here, day 6 feel free to add me.
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    Options
    I think I have added everyone who said too :) If I missed you, feel free to add me.
  • 1Yummiemummy
    1Yummiemummy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yep i feel you , i just had another baby and gained some weight back and im back again after 18months. I have just added u
  • Acw08338
    Acw08338 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Similar journey here.
  • gemdiver00
    gemdiver00 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Welcome back on the wagon!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Keeping it off was super easy for me. I maintained for about 2 years. It had became a part of my everyday life, a permanent change. Until something major happened to me. I wasn't prepared for that, and really I don't think anyone ever is. Life happens, the key is to not give up. I may have let myself get way down but noone but me can keep me there!!

You. I like!

Good luck
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    So, in other words, we are human! I had fallen back into all those bad habits with regains in the past, for far less serious "emotionally traumatic reasons." Love yourself and do it for yourself!!! I am maintaining right now, but you can add me, if you like!!
  • abjake55
    abjake55 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Before my marriage ended, I was emotionally eating, and balooned up to 317 pounds. I lost 67 of them through a prepackaged meal diet, but financially could not keep it up. I have fluctuated between 248 and 267 for the last four years, and am ready to get back on program, through low carb, in order to look good for my wife, on our honeymoon cruise this January! Good luck, and keep on it. Like in the movie, "What About Bob?" little baby steps!
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    pondee629 wrote: »
    All these stories of people coming back after gaining all (or most) of their lost weight back have VERY apprehensive about ever going on maintenance. Seems like he easy part is the losing and hard part is the "keeping off".

I know what you mean.....
    So I think I will learn to eat all my daily calories and eat only half of my exercise calories (got this from hatch, I think here name is....please correct me.) I want to enjoy this journey not put on a facade that I cannot keep up.
    That way when I get to maintenance, I can choose to eat the exercise calories or not. They would be the bonus items if I want to save calories for a special event.

And the other thing I learned about maintenance from WW 10 years ago. Keep going to the meeting or in this instance stay on this board.
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

You. I like!

Good luck

Why thank you!!!
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    Options
    abjake55 wrote: »
    Before my marriage ended, I was emotionally eating, and balooned up to 317 pounds. I lost 67 of them through a prepackaged meal diet, but financially could not keep it up. I have fluctuated between 248 and 267 for the last four years, and am ready to get back on program, through low carb, in order to look good for my wife, on our honeymoon cruise this January! Good luck, and keep on it. Like in the movie, "What About Bob?" little baby steps!

That is so sweet!! Good luck on your journey and can't wait to hear all the progress!
  • jpoppx
    jpoppx Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, for different reasons. Lost all my weight, and gained it back during pregnancy. I'm here for support!