Frozen food -- out of food, out of time

Options
thedreamhazer
thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
I pretty much always cook a homemade meal for my boyfriend and myself. However, I'm completely out of groceries, and I don't have time to run to the store and cook tonight.
He wants to just get a frozen pizza. I would prefer something with less fat and calories! What are your recommendations for frozen meals for two (or more, we can have leftovers!)?

Replies

• Karyn1120
    Karyn1120 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Though I've been trying to eat home made foods as much as possible, I keep Lean Pockets in the freezer "just in case". I've only gone into them twice in a month, but it's nice to have them there as a back up.

Karyn
  • scubacat
    scubacat Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I've had the Kashi frozen pizzas before and they were pretty good
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Kashi pizzas!!
  • aclark41
    aclark41 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i like lean cuisine dinners. they have a lot of sodium...but once in a while, i think its ok
  • ksharon22
    ksharon22 Posts: 111
    Options
    I love having bags of stir fry veggies on hand for a quick easy meal! Add some meat of your choice (I found a bag of pre-cooked and already cut up chicken breasts at Aldi that makes it SUPER quick and easy or else you could pre-grill a bag of chicken breasts, cut them up and freeze on your own to save some money) and cook up some brown rice to put the stir fry on top of and you're good to go!
  • thedreamhazer
    Options
    Kashi pizzas --- noted! (My boyfriend always wants to get this one pizza that is SUPER bad for you.... Garlic Bread Pizza. Can't you tell? I'll steer him in the Kashi direction, lol!)

I have been meaning to keep some emergency frozen meals like lean cuisines/lean pockets/what have you in the house, but haven't done a good job of it! Lol. As for the stir-fry suggestion --- I've been meaning to make stir-fry, but a little too labor intensive for tonight! (Yes, I'm that time-pressed, lol!)

We may end up at a restaurant, but I've been really stingy and trying to cut down on dining out lately....
  • ksharon22
    ksharon22 Posts: 111
    Options
    No stir fry tonight---that IS pressed for time! Hope you come home with something good and good for you to eat and quickly! :-)
  • thedreamhazer
    Options
    I do too! Thank you for the well-wishes :)
  • saadler
    saadler Posts: 116
    Options
    They have a bunch of pasta meals and the like for two in the frozen section. I sometimes get them when they're on sale and eat half and save the rest. But that might be good for you. Just find something with calories that aren't insane.