• ANY squash
  • carrots
  • broccoli
  • cauliflower
  • potatoes
  • tomatoes
  • peppers
  • onion
  • garlic (garlic is its own thing - roasted garlic is SOOO delicious with so many foods!)
  • inspire yourself at the produce section of your grocery store!

Wash, cut into chunks/pieces. Lightly spray with Pam or equivalent. Sprinkle with spices of your choosing. I always add a bit of turmeric - super healthy stuff. For white or red potatoes, I sprinkle with garlic salt.

I like to cut up tomatoes and peppers and roast them in separate pans for a couple of hours. I do remove the seed packs of the tomatoes because they have too much water for roasting. BUT I keep those, blend them, and make a bechamel sauce with them. DELICIOUS! After roasting, I drain any water - tomatoes are very wet - and I put them into containers and refrigerate. Those pieces of tomato and pepper are SO delicious added to just about anything! Put them into sandwiches. Use them as topping on humus and Wasa crackers. You'll be addicted!

To count calories, be SURE to weigh the veggies BEFORE roasting. Then weigh all after. Use that math that you thought wouldn't be useful to calculate new calories/gram or per ounce.

Put into cold oven (it's wasteful to preheat unless you're cooking a souffle or bread) and set oven to 350. Cook until desired tenderness.

These vegetables are so addicting, you won't ever want them any other way. The natural sugars caramelize and render a completely unique flavor to these. Warning! You might need to take Beano because you are going to eat a LOT of these! Go for it! It's super healthy!

Replies

• Aking7
    Aking7 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This sounds delicious. Going to try it tomorrow. Than you.
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Yes, I LOVE roasted veggies! Halved brussel sprouts are phenomenal cooked this way. I recently made roasted beet greens topped with melted feta (20 min @ 350). Yum.

45 min seems like a LOOONG time for broccoli/cauliflower, but maybe I chop them smaller? (bite-sized). I do mine at a preheated 415 for 12 min on the dot. I chop em up and then shake them around in the produce bag they came in with a bit of olive oil and spices. So easy and delicious.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I do mine at 400-425 for about 15-20 mins, longer if it's a root vegetable.
  • Aking7
    Aking7 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Made this today, early because I couldn't wait. It's the best vegetables I've ever had. I had to sprinkle a little olive oil to get the Garlic and cayenne pepper to stick. Delicious!
    Thanks.
  • tracefan
    tracefan Posts: 382 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Sounds delish
  • 1Yummiemummy
    1Yummiemummy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    U guys should try roasted sweet potatoe chips ! They r out of this world im soo addicted.

U just cut them into thin slices spread them on to a oven dish lined with baking sheet. U spray coconut oil or olive oil sprinkle some Himalayan salt with rosemary . Bobs ur uncle