Help! Used up alloted protein but have over 500 calories le

Options
I'm new to the site...I need help with food choices. Apparently, I have eaten all my protein allotted for me today but have 553 calories left for the rest of the day. Any suggestions for food I can eat that doesn't include protein?

Thanks!

Replies

• Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about protein. Going over is very common - the goal is kinda low. No worries at all and welcome to MFP!
  • mdickhaut
    mdickhaut Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about going over my protein or calcium.
  • bwesser
    bwesser Posts: 61
    Options
    I agree with the previous posters. Don't worry TOO much about protein, especially if you're working out. Worry about fat and sugar instead. You can always have a big giant salad.
  • bwesser
    bwesser Posts: 61
    Options
    I agree with the previous posters. Don't worry TOO much about protein, especially if you're working out. Worry about fat and sugar instead. You can always have a big giant salad.
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Protein definitely isn't something you need to worry about as long as it's lean protien or vegetable protien. The goal MFP sets for you tends to be quite low and most people go over it.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    The protein goal MFP sets is the MINIMUM amount of protein you should have in your diet, same with fiber... so don't worry about going over. I manually set mine so that my protein was higher because my body is carb sensitive, and I run better when I eat lots of protein.
  • duke520
    duke520 Posts: 30
    Options
    Agree with everyone. Isolated lean protein BUILDS muscle!!!! (As long as your working out.) Watch your fat, sugar and carbs. Simple carbs are good. That's your fuel. But you gotta burn that off! Do work.
  • mimi915627
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It seems almost everything I eat contains protein. Salads are never satisfying unless it has cheese and/or some kind of protein.

Really appreciate your advice!