What's your favorite Whey Protien????

Options
DJ7203
DJ7203 Posts: 497 Member
What is everyone's favorite Whey Protein Isolate? I was thinking about trying this one, it seems to be incredibly popular & get great reviews. Is it as good as it's made out to be? It should be for the price lol! But I'm open to other suggestions a well.oe6fc5plyq86.jpg
WHEY.jpg 125.3K

Replies

• Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I love the taste of My walmart six star whey chocolate peanut butter with 2% milk and for under $20 a month my wallet likes it too..
  • kaylajane11
    kaylajane11 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I buy mine at Target; their Market Pantry brand. It's 25g of protein for 150 calories, under $20 for 2lbs, and I like the taste. I think they only have vanilla and chocolate, but vanilla is all I usually buy anyway, so it's perfect for me.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    ON Gold Standard is, well, the gold standard of whey (although it's mostly concentrate, not isolate). Tastes great and has a solid nutritional profile. As you have noted, it's not easy on the wallet.

MyProtein's Impact Whey is my go-to. It's similar to ON but at a fraction of the price. I also buy MusclePharm Combat Powder when it's on sale at Costco.
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    BPI Best Protein Vanilla Swirl
    Syntha 6 Peanut Butter Cookie flavor
    True Athlete by Vita Shoppe Chocolate
  • barnesna
    barnesna Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Designer Whey - can be found at Dillons/Kroger supermarkets.
    100 calories, no sugar and is fine with water.
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I use this stuff..

image_26891_original_X_450_white.jpg

I mix it with milk and a chocolate milk powder, and you can't taste the protein powder at all.
  • debdarby1957
    debdarby1957 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use Shaklee Life Plan Protein and make my smoothie in the a.m. and again at 3:00 p.m. if it is good enough for the olympic athletes with all their stringent testing etc. it is good enough for me love the taste and happy non goo soy protein and has lucine to help maintain muscle while losing the fat.
  • DJ7203
    DJ7203 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Thanks so so much everyone!
  • mmarshall74
    mmarshall74 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I like Syntrax Sweet Chocolate Truffle. 1 scoop = 0 carbs, 0 fat, 23g protein, 100 cals. Dissolves very good in water or milk and has a great chocolate taste. If you close your eyes almost think it's a chocolate shake (ok, not really... but ok)
  • JayWalk39
    JayWalk39 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    On Gold Standard without a doubt! Nothing even comes close to it imo.
  • laurastrait21
    laurastrait21 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I use the Optimum Gold Standard as well.
  • datsundriver87
    datsundriver87 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    +1 for optimum nutrition gold standard. I have the double chocolate and it's amazing, just tried the strawberry this morning and with just water added it tastes just like strawberry milk.. Love this stuff
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I'm currently using Dymatize Elite, which is a whey/casein blend (mix of fast- and slow-digesting proteins). Nothing wrong with Optimum Nutrition, though - it's a good product and gets consistently high reviews.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I don't use whey protein as much anymore since it tends to not agree well with my stomach anymore, but I loved Tera's Whey when I still used it. There weren't any added fillers or presevatives and you could either get it USDA Organic or RBST-Free. Everything flavored was sweetened with stevia, and they all tasted really good. French vanilla was delicious (and used fair trade certified vanilla, too!), but chocolate was really yummy too. I think they naked a coffee and a berry flavor too, but I never tried those.
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I don't use whey protein as much anymore since it tends to not agree well with my stomach anymore, but I loved Tera's Whey when I still used it. There weren't any added fillers or presevatives and you could either get it USDA Organic or RBST-Free. Everything flavored was sweetened with stevia, and they all tasted really good. French vanilla was delicious (and used fair trade certified vanilla, too!), but chocolate was really yummy too. I think they naked a coffee and a berry flavor too, but I never tried those.

Ooo +1 I forgot about Tera. The unflavored and bourbon vanilla is amazing!
  • seanmmcafee
    seanmmcafee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've not tried many.
    Dynamatize Elite 100% Whey rich chocolate (mixed with milk tastes just like chocolate milk)
    Tried Dynamatize Natural Elite and Iso Prime ( which is all isolate and no concentrate ), both tasted more like a yoohoo than chocolate milk so I didn't really like them.
  • PeiDub
    PeiDub Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Eat the Bear is amazing.

But now that I have bills, I go for ON Gold Standard. Tastes great and I can buy twice as much for the same cost as a 2lb container of ETB.

Quest protein is pretty good too, but I really only use it because it's a lot better for baking than ON is.