That one problem...

When you've been a member for so long, but your heavier than you've ever been!

It seems almost impossible for me to find strength to do this. The motivation of me being overweight and not being able to ride my horse because of it.. It doesn't seem to be enough.

I don't want to call myself weak, but there are no other words. I can't understand that I've been hurting myself for years, even writing this now and not being able to turn it around.

Thanks that I could let it all out for a moment.

Replies

• mantha970
    mantha970 Posts: 8 Member
    I understand I am the heaviest I have ever been but I am ready to take control back.
  • SuzLink
    SuzLink Posts: 32 Member
    I understand where you are. I was the same, 2 years ago next week. I finally snapped when I could no longer fit into a pair of jeans which were already a size larger than I was kidding myself I was. Joining MFP & finding friends on here really helped me get started as I found see their posts each day, doing exercise, healthy eating, & it made me think ' come on, they can do it, so can you'. I never deprived myself of anything, I still had crisps, chocolate, ice cream, but I cut down & only allowed myself a certain amount. I started Insanity in January this year which I found was brilliant, but I still had 1 treat a day, in the evening, which encouraged me to try really hard throughout the day as then I could enjoy my treat in the evening. If you are able to get Insanity I would highly recommend it. It is expensive but its the best money I've ever spent! Yes, it is difficult, but when I started I couldn't even get through a third of the warm up never mind manage the moves as many times or as fast as the people on it. But I just did what I could for as long as I could & then took a rest when needed. By the time the end of month 1 came I could do the whole warm up without stopping, although I was knackered after it, & could do 10 real push ups when before I could hardly do 10 using my knees. I cannot recommend it highly enough!

Anyway, I hope you find the motivation to get where you would like to be. Without the right mind set, it is very difficult to motivate yourself to exercise & not purge. Believe me, when I started I thought I'd never make it, & yes it took me 2 years, but I've lost 58.8lbs & I can look at myself without thinking 'eughhh'.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    It can be frustrating, but we can do this together!!