Ballet Beautiful

Options
Anybody ever take the workout class or use the dvds? It involves pilates, ballet, and some body weight training and I think there's a bit of a cardio element to it. Probably good for a lower impact day

Replies

• TheDancingWriter
    TheDancingWriter Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I did one video on the Youtube channel. It's intense, works you out hard. However, if you've never done ballet before, I would suggest taking a ballet beautiful class so that way you can learn proper technique since there are a lot of ballet moves incorporate into the exercises. Otherwise, you're going to either develop the wrong muscles or not have a very effective workout.
  • beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I've done some of the DVDs on Amazon Prime. OMG, so hard! The ones I did didn't have much cardio, just small movements that make it feel like your muscles are on fire.
    I've done the NYC Ballet workouts too and those have more cardio and the reps are less intense, IMO.
    If you like those types of DVDs, Element Barre DVD is a good choice too.
  • beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    And I agree with the previous poster that if you don't have near perfect form in these types of workouts you can easily hurt your back or develop pain, so watch out!