Bingo wings...

Options
Sooo...I've lost a couple inches off of each of my biceps, but my arms have always been larger (I've hated them my whole life...) and I'm noticing the skin is getting really floppy...Will it tighten up at all? Is there anything I can do to help it along? I'm kinda worried about how bad it will get... :(
My stats, just for posterity's sake:
Height: 5'5"
SW: 223 on 7/27/15
CW: 202.6

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    You still have a way to go until your goal weight. Your skin has a chance of retracting for about 2 years after you have lost all your weight.
    So don't panic.
    How far it will retract is genetic, but what you can do is start a weight lifting programme as you are losing. This will help you retain all your muscles, and sculpt your body. It will make your arms look more shaped even if there is loose skin.

Cheers, h.
  • knelson095
    knelson095 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    You still have a way to go until your goal weight. Your skin has a chance of retracting for about 2 years after you have lost all your weight.
    So don't panic.
    How far it will retract is genetic, but what you can do is start a weight lifting programme as you are losing. This will help you retain all your muscles, and sculpt your body. It will make your arms look more shaped even if there is loose skin.

Cheers, h.

Lol thank you, yes, I was panicking a bit....I was thinking of starting lifting anyways, so I will do that.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    Good girl, go over to the fitness and exercise board and check out the posts on beginning progressive compound lifting programmes.
    They aren't as scary as they sound. You start by lifting what is heavy for you.

Cheers, h.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Hang in there - I am in the same situation :)

I am at an ideal weight now but I too have 'bingo wings'. This is actually loose skin. The good thing is, I'm quite young still and therefore still have a good amount of elasticity in my skin so I'm not overly worried about it right now - they'll retract to how they should be. I do weight train four times a week and I definitely think this is helping somewhat, so I'd recommend looking into a good strength routine! Well done on your progress.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    You are young. It should tighten up. Just give it time

*I clicked on this post thinking it was about some type of chicken wings. ::laugh:: I've never heard arm fat called bingo wings.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I've always heard them called "bat wings".
  • knelson095
    knelson095 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I always picture ladies down at the elks lodge on fridays enthusiastically calling bingo, holding their cards up in the air and waving it around when I see mine wobble...idk where I first heard it, though.

• LegalMom0928
    LegalMom0928 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You are young. It should tighten up. Just give it time

*I clicked on this post thinking it was about some type of chicken wings. ::laugh:: I've never heard arm fat called bingo wings.

HAHA! I totally did too! I was unreasonably excited that perhaps someone had posted a recipe for "healthy" buffalo wings! :D

OP: I agree with what others have said. Time, some weightlifting, and maybe a really good moisturizer will all help. But mostly time. Great work on your weight loss so far! Don't get discouraged, you are doing awesome!