Tea x

Options
Hey guys, what tea's do you drink and why?
I love to try new things. ☺

Replies

• tinger12
    tinger12 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I usually drink "dirty sock" tea. Lol. I dislike tea but those I know who drink tea spend a lot of time in the bathroom.
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    My favorite store-bought tea is PG Tips, but there's a tea shop near where I live that has 100+ different teas. Whenever I'm there I get an assam organic. Sugar only, no cream...
  • steffy_t
    steffy_t Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love PG tips, one of my faves
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    The list is endless but day in day out I have lancashire tea with skimmed milk all day and a cup of peppermint tea first thing in the morning. If it takes my fancy I'll have any type of fruit tea, redbush, earl grey and if struggling with sleep valerian tea although since upping the exercise routine I haven't really struggled with sleep. I'm pretty much a tea lover!
  • steffy_t
    steffy_t Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Duchy82 wrote: »
    The list is endless but day in day out I have lancashire tea with skimmed milk all day and a cup of peppermint tea first thing in the morning. If it takes my fancy I'll have any type of fruit tea, redbush, earl grey and if struggling with sleep valerian tea although since upping the exercise routine I haven't really struggled with sleep. I'm pretty much a tea lover!

Awesome i love Tea aswell. I needed to find something to replace my soft drink addiction so i could lose a few. Peppermint sounds great id love to try that. What are some good tea shops?
  • soapsandropes
    soapsandropes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I start of the day with a cup or two of some sort of Black Tea (Earl Grey, English Breakfast, Masala) and then alternate between various herbal teas and green teas for the rest of the day. Before bed it is Peppermint. I drink a lot of tea.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Tea x is advertised as a dieters tea. Tea doesn't make you lose weight, a caloric deficit does. Tea is for quenching ones thirst. I'm liking Jasmine right now.
  • KT_3009
    KT_3009 Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I love green tea X50 it's a sachet which includes up to 20 cups of green tea in a serve. Only ten calories and it gives you so much energy and has less than a gram of sugar. Also comes in really good flavours! I drink it cold but you can make it hot as well
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    steffy_t wrote: »
    Duchy82 wrote: »

Awesome i love Tea aswell. I needed to find something to replace my soft drink addiction so i could lose a few. Peppermint sounds great id love to try that. What are some good tea shops?

I get most of my tea from Morrisons really they have a pretty good selection of tea nowadays. Not actually sure there are any tea shops in my local area but there used to be an awesome one in the bull ring in Birmingham, its been a while since I've been there though, thats about 100 miles to get to since I moved and I love tea but even I draw the line at traveling that kind of distance just for tea lol!
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I met a woman from South Africa a couple years ago and she introduced me to Rooibos tea and I'm hooked! I have plain and then I have a bunch of rooibos teas with flavors like chocolate mint, orange cranberry, blueberry...it's pretty awesome. It's technically not "tea" because it's not from a leaf but a nice hot cup with a touch of honey and it's so good. I don't add any sweetener to the flavored ones.

In the mid-morning, I usually drink regular black or green teas for the caffeine.
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Yorkshire Tea as standard, Earl Grey, Strawberries & Cream herbal tea from Lidl, ginger & lemon, mango & strawberry, chamomile, peppermint, sometimes green tea if I know I won't get distracted and let it brew for too long... Supermarkets generally have a really good range of own-brand herbal and fruit teas. If you're feeling fancy, Teapigs is good.
  • maz165
    maz165 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    PG Tips girl over here!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Here in Alberta we are blessed with a classic tea shop.

http://www.glenns-restaurant.com/teamenu.htm

High up on my treat agenda is stopping in at Glenn's and picking out a specialty tea. Try the thousand year red flower tea, preferably in a glass teapot.

I like chais.
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    tea shops? visit stores like whole foods... the selection will surprise you
    even some fancier regular grocery stores have a nice selection
    green tea is supposed to have antioxidant properties

I've checked out Whole Food's selection and it just isn't as diverse as the one at my local Tealuxe. There are soooo many varieties!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    I met a woman from South Africa a couple years ago and she introduced me to Rooibos tea and I'm hooked! I have plain and then I have a bunch of rooibos teas with flavors like chocolate mint, orange cranberry, blueberry...it's pretty awesome. It's technically not "tea" because it's not from a leaf but a nice hot cup with a touch of honey and it's so good. I don't add any sweetener to the flavored ones.

In the mid-morning, I usually drink regular black or green teas for the caffeine.
    I second this. I love roobios tea!

• brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I love most teas! My favorite is this oolong my boyfriend buys, I cant recall the name exactly but it has this almost toasted rice like flavor, its really interesting. On a daily basis I like Yerba Mate, green teas, anything with mint, lemon ginger, and matcha!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I recommend checking out david's tea, teavana, and adagio if you like loose leaf tea. Even better if you have a local tea shop.

If you want to buy some bagged teas my personal favorites are Bigelow- Plantation Min, Bigelow- Mint Medley, Celestial Seasonings- Candy Cane Lane.

:)
  • shw112
    shw112 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I like twinings fruit tea- especially cranberry and raspberry :)
    I also love the brand pukka- they do a really nice flavour called vanilla chai, but it's super expensive :/