Can you get DOMS in your diaphragm?

Options
My diaphragm area feels strange. I've started sprinting and am trying to do longer sprints, so I know I've been breathing differently during them!

It could feel like DOMS if that's possible to get in the diaphragm. I can't think of what else it could be. ???

What do y'all think? Ever had DOMS there?

Replies

• cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    I panted so hard during the last 3 miles of my most recent marathon--and then it took about 20 minutes of still panting that hard before my lungs calmed down--that, yes, my lungs/throat were sore the rest of the day. It hurt to breathe deep, cough, laugh hard, and cry.

I was fine when I woke up the next morning, though.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I worked with a PT and part of the session emphasized deep diaphragm breathing. I was definitely sore afterward.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Yes. It is something common when you have breathing problems (e.g. recovering from anesthesia/ventilator after a long surgery, recovering from asthma attacks etc). Breathing can end up being really painful, because of muscle soreness in the area
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much, y'all :) I think that's what it is. I don't feel it today, like with how subtle DOMS goes with me.

I think it's a good thing! I'm really taking big, deep breaths when I sprint, which I don't think I normally do in daily life. I'm not a runner, so these sprints are like HIIT (but I just do them with my fast dog for fun and health for us both).