Diet Healthy Dessert

Options
13»

Replies

• MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I like choc and not dry. I think i dont like sugar sub. Anyway i keep trying diet and Protein bars Galore.

Ha! I've found a bar you haven't tried yet, and it meets your criteria.

http://www.kindsnacks.com/store/dark-chocolate-nuts-sea-salt.html

But of course, you don't need to eat protein bars to have a successful diet. They're simply packaged convenience. To meet my calorie goals, I cut the bars in half to make a 100-ish calorie snack.

Ty!
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    The Luna Chocolate Cupcake is actually really good. I like snickers peanut butter squared. One regular size square is approximately 125 cals and is so rich it feels indulgent. I don't need to eat all of it to be satisfied.
  • BlackPantherChick123
    Options
    I haven't tried them yet still and after thinking about it, I'm kinda regretting it. I haven't had a dessert or craving in days so far now but I no I still would like cookie dough or something that's Chocolate Chunk in it. I try to give myself a dessert a day but I haven't been able to stomach the thought since I end up eating a filling meal at lunch (college life is hectic and I usually eat only 1 and sometimes 2 meals a day. Using a fiber bar in the morning but I'm not always hungry in the morning and eat a big lunch but it takes me 2-3 hours to finish it bc I eat so slow. I usually eat a Newks Chicken Caesar with Raspberry vinaigrette and load my salad with cheese and croutons for my carbs and I get so full on that meal alone. On weekends I eat 3 or 6 small meals a day)
  • UncaToddly
    UncaToddly Posts: 146 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Being on a low carb/high protein diet (80/160) I do enjoy the Pure Protein and Think Thin bars. They aren't the same as eating a Snickers or Butterfinger but they will have to do. :) Our Safety Director at work offered me a Clif Mojo Sweet & Salty "Mountain Man Mix" Bar yesterday that fit and it wasn't too bad. :) I typically use them as meal replacements more than a dessert.

I LOVE ice cream but the carbs and sugar are just way more than I can allow. Though I haven't picked it up yet, mainly due to not making my way to one of the Whole Foods in the area, there is a brand called Halo Top that is supposed to be pretty tasty AND fits for me. I expect it is pretty expensive but at 60cal, 3g fat, 6g protein and only nets 4g of carbs per serving, it might be the specialty snack for me. I mean, heck, killing the whole pint would still only be 240 calories, 24g protein and 16 carbs. :) Though at $6 a pint I wouldn't want to do it often LOL.

Greek yogurts are also a dessert for me even though I don't really care for the texture as a rule (too thick). The Dannon Oikos Triple Zero line is a much better consistency and MUCH smoother. I like to add just a little (1/8th of a cup) of Fiber One or a similar crunchy cereal to give it a little more pop.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I went to the store and bought like different protein bars, Clifs, PowerBar, ThinkThin, Promax, Lenny & Larry, Zone Perfect, and Luna bars and I was wondering are things good as desserts instead of eating a chocolate bar, brownie, cake, cookie ect.?

Weight loss is about moderation and eating a calorie deficit, not replacing deserts with protein bars. In fact, some of those protein bars are just glorified candy bars.

Remember....moderation. :)

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    You can eat 3 snack size pieces of Hershey's dark chocolate for 170 calories, just saying :)

Yep!
  • RSavage83
    RSavage83 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I eat Kozyshack rice pudding or tapioca pudding (90 cal), PC chocolate frozen yogurt bars (80 cal), Jello fat free white chocolate pudding (70 cal for a 1/2 cup), Siloette vanilla yogurt with raspberries (40 cal per "pot")... but I'm not really a sweets kind of person normally (just chocolate during PMS)... or just reduce the calories you eat for other meals and have a small piece of cheesecake or whatever!
  • BlackPantherChick123
    Options
    I tried each other bars. 1 tiny bite send my tongue to the grave...I really regret buying so many bars. I did buy a pack of the Zone Perfect cookie dough bars and like those, I haven't tried the Clif Bars but scared to try them.