Diamonds in the Rough 7 Week Challenge: Round 2 [Week 6]

Options
124»

Replies

• kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    THURSDAY JUNE 9th QUESTION OF THE DAY. What music is on your playlist for your work outs?

I have my own language songs basically i am from India so :happy: very few english songs (some of jennifer lopez n brittany spears)

i luv zumba n hip hop its fun i luv that music

kathy
  • momogogo
    momogogo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I love these answer from QOTD Thursday. I am getting some ideas to drop into my playlist and add to it. Keep it going.....
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    THURSDAY JUNE 9th QUESTION OF THE DAY. What music is on your playlist for your work outs?

I love to workout to hip hop because it gets me moving. Right now I have some Nicki Minaj, Lil Wayne, Jeremiah, Kanye West, Drake.

Great question!

My top 10 songs:

1) Timberlake(feat. Justin Timberlake): Carry Out
    2) Madonna: Revolver
    3) Stevie Wonder: Living for the City
    4) Jamiroquai: Loves Foolsplay
    5) Kelly Rowland (Freemason mix): Work
    6) Kelly Rowland (feat. Lil Wayne): Motivation
    7) Jamiroquai: Runaway
    8) Babyface (feat. Pharrel): There She Goes
    9) Rusko (feat. Amber Coffman): Hold On
    10) Bastien Laya (Wendal Kos Edit): Restlesness

Awesome Playlist. Especially the Jamiroquai..Love it!
  • starsnyc21
    Options

When I do go to the gym there are only 2 artist that I workout to. Beyonce and Justine Timberlake full cd playlist. I don't know what it is but I get so pump from listing to their songs.
  • TrimmingTracie
    Options
    QOTD Monday, June 6th: If I won the lottery...hmmm off the top of my head I remember someone telling me to buy land. There will always be property to buy but nobody is making more land to buy. So thats my first purchase. Depending on how much is left is where I would consider my paid off beach home and do the travelling that I have always wanted.
  • cshine06
    cshine06 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    QOTD FRIDAY

What you ladies do to balance all your busy life activities and still keep it healthy?

I make my family eat healthy with me and I also take a lot of healthy foods to work. Sometimes I walk on my lunch and try to exercise 3-5 days a week. I have to admit it is hard.
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    QOTD FRIDAY

What you ladies do to balance all your busy life activities and still keep it healthy?

I make my family eat healthy with me and I also take a lot of healthy foods to work. Sometimes I walk on my lunch and try to exercise 3-5 days a week. I have to admit it is hard.

Good question. It is hard. I also only make one meal, not a separate healthy meal for myself. Everybody eats healthy. I workout at work sometimes. We have a fitness room in our building. My girls love to exercise so I incorporate them into things so that I can spend time with them at the same time. I just fit whatever I can in, whenever I can.
  • KPstartingover
    KPstartingover Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    QOTD FRIDAY

I make use of the time that my daughter is doing gymnastics practice - 3 hours each M-Tu-Th-Sa. I watch her for a little bit, but I also do a workout since I'm right there at the YMCA. I used to just sit there for 3 hours and watch practice and eat snacks :(
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    QOTD FRIDAY

I have no balance in any aspect of my life.:sad:
  • KPstartingover
    KPstartingover Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    QOTD FRIDAY

You totally crack me up! I think people must feel lucky to be your friend :)
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options
    QOTD FRIDAY

Ditto.
  • ElleJay221
    ElleJay221 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    QOTD FRIDAY

Most of my sanity comes from planning ahead. I plan which workouts I will do on which days at the beginning of the week. I plan all my food out in the morning, if not the night before.
  • WillWorkout4Food
    WillWorkout4Food Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    QOTD FRIDAY

I added be healthy to one of my busy life activities. This way it isn't separate from my routine. I uploaded MFP on my Iphone so it's easy to log my food, or potential, food on the go. Also,I try to drink as much water as possible when I have a chance just in case I am unable to get to more at a later time.

I really buckle down during the week when my routine is most restricted. You know sleep, eat, work, home and I usually make my better choices during the week. My weekend pattern consists around trying to have plans—even if that means ultimately having a plan to not do a damn thang! Haha! It helps me keep balance and order while I try to stay on track.
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    QOTD FRIDAY

This is such a pertinent question for me. I was doing very well with my weight loss during my unemployment, but once I got a job I started to struggle. It has taken me well over a month to finally find a comfortable balance. For me it is important to keep a fairly strict schedule. For example, I know that if I don't work out first thing in the morning there is a good chance it will not happen because of how hectic a day can become. Or, if I don't pack a whole grain for a 3 p.m. snack, I will be ravenous when I get home and likely to eat foods I shouldn't eat. In life I am typically pretty "come what may" ...but when it comes to diet and exercise I have to be an army general!
  • starsnyc21
    Options
    QOTD FRIDAY

I plan out how I want my eating/ exercising to go for the week ahead. I do this every Sunday night. I keep a weight loss journal and I make sure I check into MFP at least 2-3 times a day, even if it's on my phone. This website keeps me reminded of what's important, this way no matter how crazy life gets I know losing weight is my priority.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    QOTD FRIDAY

You totally crack me up! I think people must feel lucky to be your friend :)

You are so sweet! Very few people in "real life" know me that well. I'm terribly shy, so only my computer friends get to know me.:blushing:
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    QOTD FRIDAY

I guess i plan one day before what i am going to do , how many minutes i will workout what i can eat and then relax :)

kathy
  • momogogo
    momogogo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    QOTD.... Friday.....Staying organized for me is a constant way of life. I am stickler for it. So much so that I can't really do anything right in my life without planning. Now I will say that I am married to a wonderful Jamaican man who has taught me that there are times you just need to throw the plan out the window. So I have 1 day a week where I get up and have no idea how the day will go. In the mean time I have a pretty set schedule. I work M-F. I have 4 kids. My oldest is 19 so she really doesn't need me to do much for her. The other's are 16,13 and 8. I indulge myself on them as much as possible. They do lot's of work outs with me. When I go to the gym my 16 yr old goes as well. I plan my meals out and they eat what I eat. Chores are maintained by everyone in the house. I have system for that as well. I am also enrolled to become a trainer so of course I have to make time for that as well. It's funny though that I use to use not having enough time as an excuse not to excersize etc. I had no energy then. Now I seem to have time for it all and have more energy. Hmmmmm? Well all in all for be it is critical to give every part of my life some attention. And of course MFP helps to keep some of it in focus for me.