Introducing myself

Options
Hi! I am new to myfitnesspal. In my 50's, weight 320, have bad arthritis in my knees. I woke up yesterday and could not put any weight on my left knee. Went to the orthopedic dr and they said my knee is just failing. Need knee replacement, but need to lose some weight first, preferably about 100 lbs. The PA at the drs office suggested this website, and I love it. I haven't really tried to lose any weight in a while, and I am ready to get started.

Replies

• zenfocus
    zenfocus Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Good job, and welcome to the journey of weight loss! It is a long but rewarding one. You're doing awesome -- just the right thing your body needs right now. You'll do great with MFP as a guide!
  • HeatherBriggs1970
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I have been an active member since early May and it works if I work it!! It's easy to use and it's really helped me so far! There is no quick fix that sticks so make sure to take it one moment at a time.
  • HealthierIn2011
    Options
    My step-dad had knee replacement surgery a few years ago... He found that working out in the pool was an excellent tool to lose the weight before surgery. He had a hard time with exercise equipment, walking, etc.