Baby weight loss - support wanted

Options
Hi!

I'm 34 and based in the UK. I'm a very physically fit person and I gave birth to little girl 8 weeks ago. I have 11.5kg to lose to get back to my pre pregnancy weight and would love to hear from anyone in a similar position.

Thanks
Dianne

Replies

• stircrzy
    stircrzy Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    As a mother of two I have been there. If you need encouragement I am happy to cheer you on. Loosing the baby weight will happen if you keep your active lifestyle
    Hi!

I'm 34 and based in the UK. I'm a very physically fit person and I gave birth to little girl 8 weeks ago. I have 11.5kg to lose to get back to my pre pregnancy weight and would love to hear from anyone in a similar position.

Thanks
    Dianne

• karenmangan89
    karenmangan89 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Also a new mom with you on the idea of support and motivation!!! Some days better than others, am going to add you so we can help each other out for those tough days!!!
  • jpoppx
    jpoppx Posts: 12 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I also have an eight week old, and am in the same position. I gained a lot of weight while pregnant, and am eager to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight, and beyond. :)
  • LernRach
    LernRach Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    mine is 9 weeks old and I'm trying to but feel like I'm hungry all the time.... wd love some motivation

also i have 12lbs to lose but i look like I have much more... my hips and butt seem huge!! anyone else?
  • squeezal30
    squeezal30 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies and fellow mummies.

I am a first time mum and have a four month year old and like many of you I too have piled on the pounds during pregnancy and after. I lost alot of blood after birth so ended up with blood transfusion and was advised to eat lots! Only recently I've managed to stop the iron tablets and starting to feel myself, so now I can start to to be displined with food. Do add me, If any of you wish. I previously used this site and found it incredibly helpful ( ah the memories of being physically fit and healthy, sigh) We will all get there!

• Msgrainger
    Msgrainger Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Can I join?
    Youngest daughter is 18 weeks old and I have a stone to lose, to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. Which was 6lb higher than my weight after baby #1 was born.
    I'm finding it so much harder to be healthy second time around. Toddler snacks lying around everywhere, finishing her leftovers, eating rubbish for fast energy hit, and not able to go running much.
    I'm exclusively breastfeeding so I can't crash diet. Slow and steady :(
    Hoping to lose 2lb a week so it's gone by Christmas. I'm sure that's over ambitious.
    Please feel free to add me too!

• Msgrainger
    Options
    How's everyone doing today? I'm just about staying on the straight and narrow despite terrible sleep from my 18 week old and a 'lively' toddler who hasn't let up all day.
    Supper is roast butternut squash, brown rice, halloumi and sunflower seeds. Hoping it'll fill me up so I can cope with the endless night feeds.
  • chica1986
    chica1986 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, I have a 9 week old baby. I have a stone to loose get back to my pre pregnancy weight. I'm not following a specific diet, I'm just trying to eat healthy & exercise.
    I hate all the images of celebrities springing back to their old dress size overnight it's so unrealistic & add pressure!
    Any tips for getting rid of the mummy tummy aka saggy gut???
  • Msgrainger
    Options
    I'm just eating healthily too, no specific diet/regime, just watching the calories (1800 a day to allow for breastfeeding) and cutting back on the huge comfort eating sessions. I have a tendency to hit the cake when I'm exhausted, and have had as many as 3 coffee shop visits, with cake, on particularly bad days.
    I have no tips for the mummy tummy - it goes eventually (as I learned 1st time) but til then I think I just sucked it in as much as I could be bothered :)

• KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi Dianne! You can add me if you like. I have a 4 month old.