Large Chested runners/joggers????

Options
I am considering adding Couch to 5K, into the walks I already do around my neighborhood. My problem is that I am VERY large chested( G or H cup size). Do ya'll know of any great sports bras that really work for large chested women? I would really like to start running, but without a good sports bra,I just don't know if I can, especially for any long time or distance.

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I am a FF now, but I was an H when I started running. The best bra I have tried (and I have tried a lot) is the Freya underwired sports one.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    ENELL
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Enell sportsbra is the best -- it has hooks all the way down and feels like armor!
    I recently lost enough weight in the girls that I could try a Moving Comfort Bra too and they are nice as well - unfortunately when you are larger chested everything gives you an uniboob -- but your so excited to have them under control that you dont care! :) You can do it!!
  • cillytilly
    cillytilly Posts: 243
    Options
    I am large chested and usually buy my bras online at www.bravissimo.com. I have had great luck with all their products. They do not carry anything under a d cup.
  • clunkyshoe
    clunkyshoe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Elomi and Shockabsorber

I'm 36 G/GG and they work for me.
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I also agree - Freya - I was an F when I started (DD/E now). It's really good but does come up a little small in the back so you might want to go up a back size. Otherwise, I got a bunch from Marks & Spencers (don't know if you're UK based or not though!).
  • jonikeffer
    jonikeffer Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I admit I'm not as large as you, as I had a reduction about 10 yrs ago. My fav I have found so far is the Champion "no poke" underwire, which has a hook in back so you can make it a racerback at will. Granted I don't know if this would hold up to running, it lists itself as "medium support" for the larger cup sizes (D+), but I've really liked it as an alternative to the "bind you flat" kinds, where my breasts always seem to want to fall out the bottom. :laugh:

http://www.championusa.com/Champion/Products/Women-Champion/Women_ShopByCategory-Champion/Women_SportsBras-Champion/Women_SportsBras_Underwire-Champion/CH1695.aspx
  • kristygay
    kristygay Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Now I know that there is hope! I used to love running when I was a young teen, I hope I do again!