Fat Girl Fighting for a Family

Options
Hi All! I found out that along with other health issues my weight may have contributed to a tragic loss and it made me decide it was time to change for myself and for the family my husband and I want to have. So I am looking for some friends to be accountable to other than myself and to help me get through this with some tips and advise. I want to loose anywhere from 80-100 pounds total. I gave up soda almost 7 weeks ago now (on September 14th) and have lost 10 pounds so far. I got this app to begin tracking my food and such abd I'm looking for tips and advise on the next steps to take to keep going and keep motivated to lose more and eat cleaner healthier and smarter.

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    10 lbs is a great start. I've lost 110 lbs with MFP so I know how much this means to you. Add me and I'll help support you!
  • Waheedfully
    Waheedfully Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good luck, wish you the best.
  • glortard
    glortard Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Best of luck on the journey
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Great start with removing soda. Break up your weight loss into smaller goals- ten to fifteen pounds. Take things one habit at a time- like you have the no soda thing down. So maybe start working on swapping out a food or walking three times a week. One you have that down, switch to something else.

Good luck! And I am sorry for your loss. Been there.
  • symafiza
    symafiza Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm also new to MFP I have been crash dieting all my life and have messed up my body. Wanna do things the right way now. I think being accountable makes you more conscious of your choices of food Good luck with your weight loss
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady. Start by eating 5 (yes 5) smaller meals daily. Most important buy a food scale and weigh your food, portion size is key. Small steps to begin. Good luck and God speed. You can do this. Add me as your friend if you like.