Here's a small tip!

Options
If your find drinking enough water a struggle, I find that something as simple as adding a slice of lime to carbonated water makes me drink 2/3 times more (from previously averaging about maybe 2 cups of drink a day max (small - about 300ml! ) but the lime makes it appealing and delicious! :)

May seem trivial but its easy to forget simple things :)

Replies

• GaryHarbisher
    GaryHarbisher Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I might try that, I don't struggle to drink enough but glass after glass of plain water is boring.
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Will try thanks!
  • Sinead1819
    Sinead1819 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I really dont enjoy drinking water which means I generally just avoid drinking which is dreadful!
  • JinxedyJinx
    JinxedyJinx Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    When I switched to flavored (unsweetened) seltzer water my water intake sky rocketed also. Your tip is sound!
  • amb312
    amb312 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I find I also drink more if I drink from a straw!
  • Sinead1819
    Options
    Ooh thats really interesting! Not to mention, the lime is fine to keep topping up on top of :D
  • queenofpuppies
    queenofpuppies Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Just do it! You don't have to enjoy the water but you do need to drink it. Try downing a pint of the stuff right when you wake up in the morning. Make it a challenge to see how fast you can drink it. If you chug 12oz 30 minutes before each meal you will be pretty set, and you wont eat as much. You may even realize that the taste you don't like is the taste of nothing ;)
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    i couldn't help giggling, i must admit, i came for the joke and am disappointed to find nothing but adults!
  • Sinead1819
    Options
    But for 30 odd pence for a lime I now enjoy drinking water, I feel refreshed from the water but it also cleanses away food tastes well to! :D
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I drink my water in the form of Coke Zero and Crystal Light. :mrgreen:
  • imogentooms
    imogentooms Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi all, this has just highlighted the importance of drinking enough water and the fact that I struggle everyday.

If any of you have a spare ten minutes whilst you have a nice cool drink, I have designed a Diet and Nutrition questionnaire which I require a many responses as possible!

https://leeds.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/diet-questionnaire

Please complete and pass it on, thank you for your help and I wish you all to live happy and healthy!
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I recently started adding Diet Snapple Raspberry Tea packets to water. I didn't notice it was diet when I first bought it so that had nothing to do with it. It only has 5 calories and is $1.00 for 6 packets vs. $1.00 for a 12 oz 140 cal Coke.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Just do it! You don't have to enjoy the water but you do need to drink it. Try downing a pint of the stuff right when you wake up in the morning. Make it a challenge to see how fast you can drink it. If you chug 12oz 30 minutes before each meal you will be pretty set, and you wont eat as much. You may even realize that the taste you don't like is the taste of nothing ;)

Why do I need to drink it if I don't like it?

I prefer drinking tea and Pepsi max cherry. As long as you are hydrated it really doesn't matter what form that hydration comes as as long as it is within your calorie allowance.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I can't even remember the last time I drank plain water. I always add flavor packets.
  • Matt200goal
    Matt200goal Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    besaro wrote: »
    i couldn't help giggling, i must admit, i came for the joke and am disappointed to find nothing but adults!

u0jgjwtrymiq.png
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Sinead1819 wrote: »
    If your find drinking enough water a struggle, I find that something as simple as adding a slice of lime to carbonated water makes me drink 2/3 times more (from previously averaging about maybe 2 cups of drink a day max (small - about 300ml! ) but the lime makes it appealing and delicious! :)

May seem trivial but its easy to forget simple things :)

You can fruit too. Cantaloupes, musk melon, water melon, strawberries work very well. You can also do cucumbers.