Food scale and calories burned watch/calculator

Options
Deva1026
Deva1026 Posts: 29 Member
I need a suggestion what would be a good food scale to purchase as well as I want one of those watches that measures calories you are burning during working out. I searched for both here and there, but the reviews were not impressive.
If you are using either one and you like it, please let me know the brand.
Thanks a lot!

Replies

• Babrao
    Babrao Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I just bought a food scale at Walmart last night for $20. It has a glass top and weighs in different measurements. I tried it out last night and it worked good!
  • tbrown1025
    tbrown1025 Posts: 165
    Options
    Heh, my food scale is pretty basic -- I think I got the cheapest thing on the Target shelf, but it does the job.

I have used the Bodybugg to measure calories burned -- it's nice, quite accurate, but quite pricey.
    I'm currently using the Polar FT4; I've had it for about a week, and I'm really diggin' it so far. :)
  • Jo_Bird
    Jo_Bird Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have a garmin forerunner 305 and love it! You can upload your workout. Tracks calories, miles, heart rate, mile pace and a bunch more features it's really easy to use too. You can make it beep at you if you want to keep a certain pace and fall below you. I find the watch actually helps push me. Really one of the more inexpensive gps/ hr monitors out there with all the same awesome features.
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    My mom has a digital hi tech scale. You punch in the code of the type of food you're going to eat and distinguish if it is raw, cooked, peeled etc. Then it will weigh it and give you the nutritional facts like a side of a box would for that exact item that you are eating based on weight etc.

As for the HRM I have a sportline with the chest strap and I love it. I have only had a problem with it picking up once when I was doing turbo fire. Once I tightened the chest starp with was fine.
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I got the cheapest food scale I could find (at Walmart, $4.99) and it works perfectly.
  • Deva1026
    Deva1026 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the replies! I appreciate it.