Help Me Decide What to Do

Options
I am working overtime today and plan to go to the gym for my regular treadmill work when I am done here. I always grocery shop on Thursday after I am done at the gym. That means I may not get home to eat supper until 8 or 9 pm. I've planned a meal that will take me to within 35 calories of my net 1200, based on my calories burned during my morning Ripped workout.

If I go to the gym, I will burn 450 or so calories that I'll also need to eat back.

I hate to miss my treadmill work, it seems to be the one thing that makes a difference and it makes me feel awesome.
So, do I get in my treadmill and try to figure out how to eat another 450 calories at 9:00 tonight, or do I skip the gym and just eat what I already have planned.

Replies

• BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I say if it makes you feel good, go for it. I don't think one night will really hurt you that bad. Sometimes I get my calories, sometimes I don't and sometimes I go over. I've had a loss every week for 2.5 months now. Maybe eat something light to gain a little back, but I wouldn't eat heavy right before bed.
  • Deva1026
    Deva1026 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I would go for the treadmill and not eat back the calories burned.
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options
    No brainer. Go to the gym.

A Wendy's junior bacon cheeseburger at the drive-thru has 300 calories. Toss the bun if you're worried about eating white flour, a.k.a. 'unhealthy' stuff.

Hollycat
    :flowerforyou:
  • Wendyma1
    Wendyma1 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    go to the gym and work out! if it makes you feel good, dont skip it. You dont need to make up the calories, especially that late in the evening. If you feel you have to eat something, have a bowl of multigrain cheerios! Fruit?
  • alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    Options
    I'd say go to the gym and maybe eat some of the exercise calories back tomorrow.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    It will not kill you to miss one day. If you are too busy, skip it, You're allowed.
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. My body decided for me. I was just too stupid tired to go to the gym and grocery shop. Since my husband likes to eat, the groceries won. I hate wimping out!