New to myfitness pal

Options
:flowerforyou: Hi - I just downloaded this app to my bb and i'm online now. I used to use fitday, but I'm loving this app. I was looking for something quick and easy, because counting calories could be daunting...but this so far has been a really great app. It is fast and has all the foods I eat. I am not new to dieting or exercise. I have 40lbs to lose. I have some blood sugar and/or food intolerance issues going on. So something is preventing me from losing the weight. I'm pretty active and not afraid of exercise. I love hiking and kayaking. I zumba, weight train, walk and yoga. I just have a hard time finding time to do everything. But I really need to get more disciplined counting calories and not letting those calories creep up on me. Probably my biggest sabotage is wine. I love wine. And even though I only drink it maybe once or twice a week...It adds up. And of course, all the hard work could be sabotaged by the occasional weekend binge. A little encouragement goes along way though. I'll encourage you if you encourage me.

Replies

• jacque5321
    Options
    My co-worker introduced me to fitness pal yesterday, its awesome, I have amazingly stuck to my calorie goal and workouts for the second day in a row. Thats super amazing believe me. jackie
  • carpar1
    carpar1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    You will love it here,very user friendly and lots of support and ideas can be found here for food & exercise.
  • Nikkita29
    Nikkita29 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we're both in the same boat! I've been losing and gaining the same 2 pounds for the past 2 months! I've been eating a lot healthier than I was before, and I've been getting to the gym at least 3 days a week, but the weight just isn't coming off. All I can say is keep at it! I have the occasional weekend binges and have a hard time getting to the gym 6 days a week because we have so much going on in the summertime... but I just try to keep stepping up the effort. I refuse to give up! I started walking at work on my lunch break this week, and stepped up my effort at the gym. Starting throwing in some jogging intervals and raised the incline on my hill intervals. I can def say I've been sweating a LOT more!! As far as calorie counting... well, I had a big lapse when I went on vacation and had trouble getting back into the routine, but I started again this week and just keep trying to make adjustments. Good luck!!!
  • gonikkigo
    gonikkigo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I hope I can reply to everyone. Hi Everyone! Thanks for the quick, warm welcome. That was fast. Yeah..I workout 6 days a week and on the weekends I usually do a endurance day..like long hikes (8 miles or more) or kayaking all day. I even have a weighted hula hoop that I pick up several times a day and do that for 5 mins here, 5 mins there. I eat a mediterrainean diet. But I still have high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I really want to get those numbers down. I like the way this app reports on the cholesterol intake. I just checked and I was high in that. I don't really know how. 1270 calories a day? And I worked out already..it says I have about 400 more calories so go today. But I like it. Its fast. So thanks everyone! We can do this.