Apple watch

Options
Can you tell me how to get myfitnesspal to sync up with the Apple Watch so that it can record my steps taken? When I click on more, steps, and then devices, Apple Watch is not an option. Thanks! Jaycee

Replies

• JessRaddatz
    JessRaddatz Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Is MFP listed as a Source in your Health app on your phone? I believe MFP actually pulls the data from your phone (based on info sent to your phone from your watch), so MFP would need to be listed as a source. One it's listed as a source, you should be able to add it on MFP.
  • haleywarner27
    haleywarner27 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am having the same issues. I disconnected all other trackers and made sure MFP was in my Health app as a source and the Apple Watch is still not an option.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    You should post this in the technical support/need help section so the people who run MFP can see it :)
  • rogerm1308
    rogerm1308 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Similar issue here. MFP worked fine initially, until I noticed it was double-logging my activities. I then manually turned some stuff of in the health app, leaving MFP to only read run/walk and steps data from the health app. Since doing this though, it's not reading any data from the health spp, leaving me to manually capture my exercise. Any help to fix this will be appreciated.
  • ebouchie
    ebouchie Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Make sure that you are allowing MFP to "read" data in the Sources section of Apple Health for Workouts.