Legs!!!!

Options
Do any of you lovely people have any advise for me to get nicely toned legs..

Thankyou sooo much!!

Replies

• ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Squats, deadlifts, a good diet, and patience.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as toned. You can build strength, you can reduce or add size. You're limited in changing the shape by your genetics, although you can develop the muscles you have. And you cannot spot reduce.
    _dracarys_ wrote: »

• chelseaxxx13
    chelseaxxx13 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I want to reduce the size my inner thighs and around my knee area but still keep the muscle as I don't want skinny legs
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    It really comes down to getting a diet that will support healthy fat-loss. The above exercises are good for strengthening the main muscles of the legs. Some of it is genetics and having "thick thighs." My wife, her mom, and her grandmother all have thicker legs, and if you looked at them from behind waist down you probably couldn't tell them apart. If your legs are already lean but kind of thick it might not be something you can change.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    adductor abductor donkey kicks. elliptical backwards. up hill on a treadmill.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    To reduce fat, slight calorie deficit. Fat loss can't be targeted.
    To maintain muscle, any good, full-body strength program, such as NROL or Stronglifts 5x5. Full body is best. :+1:
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options

This is awesome and concise info.
  • CassieHiggin
    CassieHiggin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Stair master, lunges, straight leg dead lifts and sumo squats (but don't forget calves!)
    On the stair master I like to focus on what muscle I am using to get up to the next step and specifically tense it every time....It may sound stupid but if you spend the whole time doing that focusing on your glutes and then the next time focusing on your quads you will definitely notice the difference in what is sore the next day ;)
  • ysimmons4110
    ysimmons4110 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    The right diet. Front squats and back squats. Go to bodybuilding.com to get some tips on legs. I've been working my legs 4x a week and also incorporated sprinting.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Lose any extra weight, find some form of exercise you like and focus on it. The good news are that there are unlimited options when it comes to legs, even just walking will help. The bad news are that if for whatever reason you do nto like the shape of your legs, this is genetics and will not change.
  • anasvitlii
    anasvitlii Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Squats never fail.. A lot of squats and every single variation of it..
    If you really want to focus on the inner thighs and you have the access to gym, you should use the leg abduction/ adduction machine :)
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    My legs look a lot better than they did before once I started doing squats, deadlifts, lunges, hip thrusts, that kind of thing, using weights/resistance bands. That combined with eating at a small deficit to lose a bit of fat and I'm very happy now. I also run and swim but not sure how much difference those make aesthetically.
  • yanjinbro
    yanjinbro Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I want to reduce the size my inner thighs and around my knee area but still keep the muscle as I don't want skinny legs

I'd say your body is a complex, you can't really focus on one spot of it, if you think there's too much fat you need to do cardio to get shredded, for being toned, you could do some V hip adduction.

• Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as toned. You can build strength, you can reduce or add size. You're limited in changing the shape by your genetics, although you can develop the muscles you have. And you cannot spot reduce.

This was the most contradicting post I have read on this forum.
  • ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Don't forget lunges & all variations
  • foursirius
    foursirius Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Squat, deadlift, and lunges. Mainly the first two, but lunges can be a good accessory lift from time to time.