Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

just getting started

brag03
brag03 Posts: 4
edited September 19 in Motivation and Support
Ok, so I am new at this........and I dont know what I am doing. Well I get the site, but I never realized it was so hard to get weight off. I mean..... it is way easy to put on, so why so hard to get it off of ya. I am not happy with the weight I am at right now. I have a problem though and I dont know how to stop it. I love Dr. Pepper. That is usually all I drank until here recently. I am just now getting where I kind of like water, but sweet tea and dr. pepper is what I love. I need help on stopping the cravings for dr. pepper. I know that is where most of the weight came from. I also like some sweets and I suck at cooking good meals. So If anyone has any ideas of how to get started on getting healthy and how to get rid of that bad habit of drinking soda, please let me know.

Replies

• brag03
    Ok, so I am new at this........and I dont know what I am doing. Well I get the site, but I never realized it was so hard to get weight off. I mean..... it is way easy to put on, so why so hard to get it off of ya. I am not happy with the weight I am at right now. I have a problem though and I dont know how to stop it. I love Dr. Pepper. That is usually all I drank until here recently. I am just now getting where I kind of like water, but sweet tea and dr. pepper is what I love. I need help on stopping the cravings for dr. pepper. I know that is where most of the weight came from. I also like some sweets and I suck at cooking good meals. So If anyone has any ideas of how to get started on getting healthy and how to get rid of that bad habit of drinking soda, please let me know.
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    I understand about drinking dr pepper. I love it and mello yello myself. You just have to tell yourself you are gonna do this and drink your water. You can do this. yes it is very hard but you have to be committed and you will do just fine. Work out, drink your water and watch your calorie intake. Good luck!
  • brag03
    thanks! It is going to be tough but i have to do it. I am trying to drop weight in about a month in a half, so I better get some will power.
  • Kimlane70
    Kimlane70 Posts: 117
    You could try weaning yourself off of it. Just take one day and drink only water. Then try to do the same thing the next day. If you "need" a dr. pepper then drink it, but try to only drink half or less. just drink it till you feel satisfied then throw the rest out. Don't tell yourself you cant have it or it will drive you crazy and you'll want it even more. I'm tellin ya, if you drink water as often as you can you won't want the soda as much and pretty soon you'll start craving the water. That's where I'm at now. I went to the diet sodas for a while, but those are not really a healthy alternative either. you can do totally do it. You're probably the type that if you just quit drinkin the sugary drinks you'll lose all your weight. I hope you're that lucky.
  • I understand! My problem however, is cooking...
    My housemate (who is really thin) cooks most of the meals and is trying to GAIN weight! :noway:
    It doesn't help that he makes dinner at 9.30 pm...
    I'm trying to eat dinner before 6pm - I think that will help me digest my meal before bed time...

This is my 1st day on this program so I don't want to lose sight of me goal...
    I'm currently 65 kilos (I think that's 141 pounds) but would like to drop down to 55 kilos (120 pounds or so....)

Anyway, any tips or suggestions would help!
This discussion has been closed.