Dilemma: Don't want to cook or eat out!

Options
spackham
spackham Posts: 252 Member
I can't decide where to go because every time I think of something I want to eat that sounds great, a big billboard in my mind says "Calories, Sodium, you could make it way better at home!" It is true, nothing beats home cooking for getting more bang for you calories but I don't feel like cooking tonight! Aghhhh!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    It sucks but it's one or the other. You choose.
  • kim824
    kim824 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter sandwiches!
  • CallMeMamaBoo
    Options
    That's the worst! Got nothing for ya other than you can skip cooking and toss a salad in a bowl and just be done with it. At least that's what I do when I'm feeling indecisive.
  • JJHudgens
    JJHudgens Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Have any canned chicken, tuna, or salmon? Pop open a can and throw some mustard on it...and have a few crackers. :)
  • Spayrroe
    Spayrroe Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I didn't feel like cooking tonight so I went to the store, got a bag of Dole Very Veggie Salad Mix, used a serving of canned chicken breast, a serving of part skim shredded motzerella and half a serving of organic Italian dressing. Less than three hundred calories (and I had half the contents of the bag of salad that was 4 servings). Quick, easy, and pretty good for ya!
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    I agree - salad, sandwich, or leftovers. In the summer I particularly love my crockpot as it doesn't really feel like cooking and takes no time at all to put dinner together in the morning.
  • rachelhohenbrink
    rachelhohenbrink Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Subway Is my bff!
  • Flwrsme
    Flwrsme Posts: 39
    Options
    I didn't feel like cooking tonight so I went to the store, got a bag of Dole Very Veggie Salad Mix, used a serving of canned chicken breast, a serving of part skim shredded motzerella and half a serving of organic Italian dressing. Less than three hundred calories (and I had half the contents of the bag of salad that was 4 servings). Quick, easy, and pretty good for ya!

This is a great idea...and if you dont like canned chicken, you can buy the chicken breast already sliced and ready for your salad. Sometimes they sell it where the lunch meat is.

Some stores sell Rotisserie Chicken too.... thats really good too. I take off the skin, but you dont have too. That with a salad and some canned or frozen veggies. quick and easy.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I try to make the bulk of my dinner meals on the weekend, so during the week it doesn't take much effort to get supper on the table. :)
  • spackham
    spackham Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!! I am going to have a salad with a new sesame dressing I recently bought and I have a little leftover shredded chicken to put on the salad with some sunflower seeds and tomato. AND, since I have lots of cals to eat tonight, I am roasting some potatoes (with all its white yumminess) with onion and red bell peppers. Thanks everyone. You got me in the mood for salad and potatoes. These quick and delicious ideas are worthy of a big BUMP. Additional idea welcome for those kind of nights.