Any moms wary of loosen tummy?

Options
Just thought it would be nice to comfort and encourage each other to think positively about our new body after giving birth to babies. Then of course, it would be great to have tips on how to tighten it up. :P

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I am a mom of two boys. I was obese when I got pregnant with them and it took me a while to figure out how to lose weight in a healthy way. I wrote this guide for others: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach#latest

I have loose skin still despite having abs. My skin simply stretched too far to tighten up naturally.
  • jenmei12
    jenmei12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the tips!!
  • CoffeeInTheMtns
    CoffeeInTheMtns Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    jenmei12 wrote: »
    Just thought it would be nice to comfort and encourage each other to think positively about our new body after giving birth to babies. Then of course, it would be great to have tips on how to tighten it up. :P

Add me if you would like another friend! I don't have many and I'm pregnant with my second. Going to try to keep the extra pounds from creeping up on me. Then after I will need to get my core back wha wha wha.
  • CoffeeInTheMtns
    CoffeeInTheMtns Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    I am a mom of two boys. I was obese when I got pregnant with them and it took me a while to figure out how to lose weight in a healthy way. I wrote this guide for others: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach#latest

I have loose skin still despite having abs. My skin simply stretched too far to tighten up naturally.

And great tips! Btw I like your #4 lol. Even if you can get results without any cardio (which I can't) I think cardio is important for overall health. If you can't run a block you're not fit lol.
  • ARC1603
    ARC1603 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    My stomach is beyond all hope frankly. I was overweight with both pregnancies, and had two large babies as well as two csections. In my second pregnancy my stomach muscles separated and it's only now I'm six months post partum I'm able to actually do strenuous exercise.

I'm realistic. I know a tummy tuck is the only way to get it back to how it was before my babies. But most of the jiggly bits tuck into my knickers out of sight so I'm happy with that!
  • speckles99
    speckles99 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 8 weeks post delivery, would love some friends, tips, motivation along the way. I was overweight prior to getting pregnant and thankfully had a healthy pregnancy. I'm looking to lose another 50lbs as that would put me back into a healthy weight range for my height.
  • stircrzy
    stircrzy Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Mom of 2 here. It is strange. I am not totally flabby in the tummy but but if I gain weight it is the first thing to go.
  • eburt417
    eburt417 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    6 months post c section with my first....man does the fat on my belly looks SO different than other fat- most squishy and way more lose....never had abs, don't want them really, just want no muffin top but if it never goes away- it is a great reminded also of my perfect son :) add me if you'd like!