I need help and motivation to lose 30lbs

Options
I've dieted before successfully but fell off the wagon and am almost back to where I started, I need motivation to not only lose the wright but also in maintaining what I've lost.

Replies

• jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Diets are almost never successful in the long term. You simply need to use the app and reduce your calorie intake. Make sure to fit in foods you like and crave, most likely in reduced amounts. I have found this helps keep me from over eating when I do decide to treat myself.
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Best motivation comes from within. It's what in the end keeps you going. But the best way to "stay on the wagon" is realise that there is no wagon. Eat a varied diet that includes treats and you'll minimise your binge risk. If you have a bad meal, log it and move on. Bad day, log it and move on.
  • ethelkitten
    ethelkitten Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 30 lbs and need help
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    People can help you, give you ideas, answer questions, etc. But you need to really want it. If you have to look to someone else to motivate you, you're not ready yet.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    KateTii wrote: »
    Best motivation comes from within. It's what in the end keeps you going. But the best way to "stay on the wagon" is realise that there is no wagon. Eat a varied diet that includes treats and you'll minimise your binge risk. If you have a bad meal, log it and move on. Bad day, log it and move on.

This.

Plus, don't wait around for motivation. Just do it.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I find standing in front of a full length mirror, naked, and taking a good, honest look ... that's motivation enough for me.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Motivation is something only you can supply. You either want it or you don't