How I Lost 100 lbs - Accountability

Options
Educate2015
Educate2015 Posts: 3 Member
edited October 2015 in Success Stories
First let me start by saying, I'm not selling anything nor am I telling others how or what to do. But, I wanted to share my story with those of you who think, like I did (I can't lose weight or I like being fat).

No one can "make you" lose weight. The motivation has to be created and followed by you. You deserve better! I always found excuse(s) why NOT to gauge my eating and exercising habits. Lack of time, too busy, etc.

Take an "honest" assessment of your eating habits. That's right (honesty)! Tell yourself the truth. Ask yourself, "Am I really hungry or stressed out/angry"? Pressure and stress are realities of life, learn how to deal with it. If you're experiencing these emotions ride your bike or take a walk. No, not a marathon but a short brisk walk/ride. Or, drink a bottle of water. Evaluate your situation.

So, what's my secret to losing 100 lbs and continuing to lose weight?

Drum roll please..........................................

Eat better (Lean Protein, cut sugar, carbs, no very small amounts of sodas) and in smaller portions, exercise and drink at least 80 oz of water.

Stop seeing exercise as a punishment but a reward! It's "your" time to clear out the days worries. For me, it's my time to "think clearly".

Let me know if you have any questions or tips.

Oh I forgot to mention, I competed and finished my first Spartan Run!

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!