Help! im not sure how to log this!

Options
I got sushi today and I'm not sure how to log it in my food journal. It was a specailty roll, so its not common everywhere, so it doesn't show up on the foods database. It contains:
deep fried spicy salmon
cream sheese
avocado
masago
eel sauce
and was spilt up into 10 pieces. I'm not sure if I should estimate the different portions, or just go with a genric spicy salmon roll, help please!

Replies

• emoslayer84
    emoslayer84 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Was it deep fried roll?
  • Deberlin88
    Deberlin88 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    MFP usually advises that if you can't find exactly what you ate, then to choose the closest thing to it.

Does the restaurant you went to have a web site? If so, they might have the nutrition info & you'd be able to add it to the database. :)
  • BJC78
    BJC78 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I always have a hard time adding my sushi rolls also.
  • DustinReiner
    DustinReiner Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Sushi is always a hard one, I guess for everyone and I thought it was just me!

It depends what it is, the simple ones with go with what's close. But you have some high calorie stuff in there. Cream cheese, avocado, and deep fired spicy salmon and eel sauce (also called Nitsume) can be high in calories. Especially depending on how much you had.

Part it out the best you can and call it a day. We all have those kind of days, just don't tell the boss. You could get fired! :wink:

I love sushi, and I hope it was good. Generally it's good for you. So I wouldn't lose to much sleep over it. It's not like you had a Big mac and fries.
  • cmg2008
    cmg2008 Posts: 139
    Options
    yes it was deeped fried and no they dont have a website :( I think I'm going to find the closet thing and use the quick calorie count to add to it