Water Consumption.

Options
How do you sneak in all 8 glasses of water? I'm up to 5 a day, still aiming to hit 8. I try to suck down a really tall glass with every meal and snack but I still am lucky to hit 5. Any tips?

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    What volume is your really tall glass? It may hold 16 ounces, which is two glasses.

Do you really need more water? As long as your urine is light colored, you don't really need to worry about it.

If you still want more: I just carry a water bottle with me at all times and take swing once in awhile, several swigs during meals. It is a 24 oz. bottle, so if I refill it a few times through the day, I have plenty of water.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    A "serving" is 8 ounces. I suspect your tall glass is more than that. The one I use at home is 16 oz (2 servings) and the one I use at work is 20 (2.5 servings). I have no trouble hitting 8 servings a day.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    You don't need to.

Drink when you're thirsty.

The whole "8 glasses a day" is bunk.
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of tea (without milk) which counts towards the 8. Sometimes while waiting for the kettle to boil, I'll have a glass of water.
  • DumbbellHell
    DumbbellHell Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. Yeah I use tall glasses. One glass can fit a whole bottle of water.

• macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. Yeah I use tall glasses. One glass can fit a whole bottle of water.

Bottles of water are usually 16.9 or 20 oz. So if you're trying to follow the 8 glasses a day recommendation, you only need to do 3-4 of your tall glasses.

I go by the color of my urine to figure out if I'm drinking enough fluids. I shoot for 40 oz of water, but I'm also drinking coffee and/or diet soda throughout the day, and those count, too.

See this chart to figure out how you're doing for hydration:
    urinechart12.jpg

~Lyssa
  • dxg123
    dxg123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i put vitamin c in my water ..falvored.
  • Chrisbande
    Chrisbande Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    How do you sneak in all 8 glasses of water? I'm up to 5 a day, still aiming to hit 8. I try to suck down a really tall glass with every meal and snack but I still am lucky to hit 5. Any tips?

I Cary a gallon jug with me atbwirk and find it easier to drink from the gain jug because I know where I'm at and in know I need to finish it. The first three gallons are hard but after that bits easy to drink a gallon or more a day I average around 1.5 gals a day. And its weird because when i don't drink a lot of water now ibfeel super thirsty all the time Lol
  • boobles
    boobles Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I drink so much water during the day, litres and litres. It's my favourite drink
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I love tea so I drink my water that way, it doesn't have to be just water on it's own.
  • gemdiver00
    gemdiver00 Posts: 77 Member
    Options

16oz after waking up, 16oz with or after breakfast, another 16oz with lunch, 16oz with dinner. I used to avoid water like the plague but now I look forward to it.
  • LastingChanges
    LastingChanges Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    There's some people that say you should just drink when you are thirsty but I find it important to make sure I get adequate water otherwise my digestive system gets really sluggish and sometimes I feel tired in general (sorry for TMI). For me feeling thirsty doesn't help me determine how much water my body really needs.
    So to get my water I buy 1L bottles and keep it on my desk at work/home or near me wherever I am. It is always there as a reminder that I need to finish it.