2,700 Calories a day (help)

Options
dannyrstrpo
dannyrstrpo Posts: 42 Member
Currently at 155lbs and my goal is to reach 165lbs, work long hours most of the days. Any high calories snacks and meals you guys can recommend ?

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Almond or peanut butter. Avocados. Cheese. Full fat dairy. Real butter. Are you also lifting weights so that you gain lean mass, not fat? I also have long days- a full time job and four kids, but I make time for 3-4 trips to the gym weekly. 5x5 strong lifts can be done in 45 minutes. I highly recommend it.
  • senecan
    senecan Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Rice, squash, turkey. Peanut Butter is key because its so calorie dense. And of course a good protein powder.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Protein bars can help. You can also do luncheon meats with avocado for a quick snack. Nuts are a good way of getting calories.
  • dannyrstrpo
    Options
    Almond or peanut butter. Avocados. Cheese. Full fat dairy. Real butter. Are you also lifting weights so that you gain lean mass, not fat? I also have long days- a full time job and four kids, but I make time for 3-4 trips to the gym weekly. 5x5 strong lifts can be done in 45 minutes. I highly recommend it.

• dannyrstrpo
    Options

yes Melissa i also lift 3 days out the week , calisthenics once a week . thank you so much =)
  • dannyrstrpo
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    Protein bars can help. You can also do luncheon meats with avocado for a quick snack. Nuts are a good way of getting calories.

thanks buddy ill look into some protein bars if you have any that you would recomend it would be great .

• kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Tuna and smoked salmon.
  • dannyrstrpo
    Options
    thank you
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

thanks buddy ill look into some protein bars if you have any that you would recomend it would be great .

Combat crunch bars. I can eat those straight from the package. I have to microwave the Quest bars to make them tolerable.
  • psuLemon
    Options

I do quest because my wife has to be low carb but i love the quest builder bars (270 cal) or snickers protein bars
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    I'm upping calories and added Met-Rx Big100 Colossal bars (410 cals, 41g C, 14g F, 32g P).
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    How "clean" do you want this to be? Most processed foods, in general, are pretty calorie dense. Or, think of a food that isn't high in water or fiber content, and they tend to be pretty calorie dense. Nuts (and nut butters). Well-marbled beef. Most jerky. Raisins (heck, dried fruit in general). Honey. Avocados. Cheese. Butter. Bacon (especially if not particularly crispy).
  • dannyrstrpo
    Options
  • Grosen17
    Grosen17 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Anyone that tells you cookies etc is crazy.. That's not the right way

Add honey and peanut butter to protein shakes for extra carb and fats

Don't be afraid of pasta

Add beef to your diet for some fats

I agree with hill regarding the addition of avacados

You already look lean so as long as you get some consistent exercise in you shouldn't worry about "bad" weight

I'll give you full meal options if you need ideas

Good luck!!
  • lostinwebspace
    lostinwebspace Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter on eggs and egg whites. Sounds like a pregnancy meal, but it's awesome!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Literally, the answer is "Anything you want". I prefer ice cream, cookies and peanut butter, and it's preferred that they are all mixed together when I need a surplus....

That is 100% the right way for me.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Grosen17 wrote: »

Don't be afraid of pasta

You already look lean so as long as you get some consistent exercise in you shouldn't worry about "bad" weight

Good luck!!

Oh, there's a right way to eat. I'm glad you found THE ONE TRUE WAY®. But really, just like religion, one way doesn't work for everyone. Calorie dense food is the way to go. You don't get extra credit for being extra healthy. Fill your day with mostly whole nutritious foods, but don't be afraid of foods like ice cream or cookies if you want to eat them and they help you reach your daily calorie goal.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Grosen17 wrote: »

Don't be afraid of pasta

Good luck!!

Oh, there's a right way to eat. I'm glad you found THE ONE TRUE WAY®. But really, just like religion, one way doesn't work for everyone. Calorie dense food is the way to go. You don't get extra credit for being extra healthy. Fill your day with mostly whole nutritious foods, but don't be afraid of foods like ice cream or cookies if you want to eat them and they help you reach your daily calorie goal.

So much this.

There is NO one right way. If someone is telling you that, it's a clear indication that they follow old broscience. Even Alan Aragon recognizes that and states that you don't get extra credit once your body addresses their nutritional requirements.
  • lostinwebspace
    lostinwebspace Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Literally, the answer is "Anything you want". I prefer ice cream, cookies and peanut butter, and it's preferred that they are all mixed together when I need a surplus....

That is 100% the right way for me.

There is nothing I can disagree with here: ice cream, cookies, and PB mixed together would be my downfall! : :s Every part of that recipe is Awesome(TM). I'd like to shake your hand for my upcoming weight gain, @hornsby. :p
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I made this at the weekend for breakfasts.
    Mixed melted coconut oil down and stirred in a scoop of ON chocolate whey protein, added a scoop of regucol for fibre and a handful of mixed nuts and seeds.
    Flattened it out on a baking sheet and placed in the fridge to set. Tastes amazing and is calorie dense!