How do I keep track of calories on JM workouts?

Options
Do I log in everything I do?
There has to be something easier?

Replies

• sarahtroupe
    sarahtroupe Posts: 164
    Options
    iF UR TALKING ABOUT WHAT TYPE OF EXERCISE U LOG IT UNDER I WOULD SAY CARDIO.... HOPE THIS HELPS!!!
  • EMSNJOEY
    EMSNJOEY Posts: 20
    Options
    I would consider it circuit training...
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I use a heart rate monitor so instead of logging each exercise I do, I just pick something like elliptical or if I am working out with my trainer and then I log the time and calories I burned according to my monitor. It is much more accurate than this website and easier since I don't have to log each thing.
  • RosieGB33nz
    RosieGB33nz Posts: 142
    Options
    I had the same problem, log it as circuit training is what i was told and it worked fine
  • ilikejam33
    ilikejam33 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    my heart rate monitr says each workout is about 250 cal, and i am dripping in sweat when im done! So id use that as a gauge until you can get a heart rate monitor to tell you :)
  • emilyr9602
    emilyr9602 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've googled this because I am doing her 30 Day Shred....seems like you burn 180-215 calories per workout....the only way to really know exactly would be to use a HRM to track! Other online articles do suggest that you can use "circuit training" to track also
  • Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    Options
    I don't have a HRM so I use the calculation from "circuit training general", then I created my own exercise and named it for the workout (JM Ripped in 30) and used those calories.
  • 2novgirls
    2novgirls Posts: 35
    Options
    One last question, Do I add it for both cardio and strenght? If i add circuit training to cardio then it looks like I did nothing for strenght? does that make sense?