Any Easy lunch ideas for work?

Options
ashannon2013
ashannon2013 Posts: 8 Member
edited November 2015 in Food and Nutrition
I've realized lunch time is my downfall. I need healthy easy ideas for lunch that I can bring with me to work. What do you guys like?

Replies

• PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Stir-fried shirataki noodles with a low-cal thai peanut sauce. Throw in some mung bean sprouts, mushrooms, maybe some scrambled egg [egg beaters works, too, and is much lower cal]. Bam! Huge side dish for not many calories, so you can use the rest of the calories to load up on protein and veg. But still be full!
  • rnk2001
    rnk2001 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Check out skinnytaste . I've made a lot of their recipes. They're pretty easy and really delicious!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    The MFP blog has recipes with calorie info:
    http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/category/eat/recipes/soups-stews/
  • judyvalentine512
    judyvalentine512 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    I'm retired now, but when I was working, my lunch was whatever I had for supper the night before. I always made enough for 2 meals. It works if you have a microwave at work. And, it takes the guesswork out of making lunches. Another trick I used. I pre-planned my week on a calendar sheet I made. Instead of days of the week in a monthly calendar, I made them meals. It helped planning what I would eat, and what I had to pick up at grocery stores during the week. I originally did it because I was tired of throwing away unused food.
  • Weightever
    Weightever Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I always have a salad for lunch - it's so easy, versatile, keeps me full but doesn't make me tired in the afternoon.
  • celinend
    celinend Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Leftovers or salad, which is an easy combo of whatever's in the fridge: spring mix, spinach, arugula, feta or goat cheeese, sliced almonds or pecans, beets (pre-cooked), cucumber, bell pepper, turkey or chicken (pre-cooked or deli sliced) and a low-cal vinaigrette dressing.
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Wraps made with chicken, salmon, or whatever protein you like in whole grain tortilla veggies and sauce of choice. Minute brown rice microwave cups, with precooked chicken., last night's leftovers in tupperware, subway, chicken salad from fast food joint.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,192 Member
    Options
    Steamfresh veggie package
    Uncle Ben's single serve brown rice
    Tin of chicken in spring water

Heat it all up, mix together, and there's lunch.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    tuna packages or other lean meats with light bread or shoved on a dinner roll with veggies or light chips.
  • katie1318
    katie1318 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    A whole package of Dole Light Caesar Salad Kit is voluminous and yummy with less than 300cals (I think). Mix in a can of light tuna for some added protein :)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I typically bring leftovers from dinner. On days where there are no leftovers I typically bring a salad or sandwich wrap.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I cook, portion and freeze one pot meals on weekends. I like to make sure the calories are low, the volume is high, and it has a bit of protein.
  • wildejenny
    wildejenny Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher and often have lunch on the go, don't sit long enough to get to the microwave! I struggle with lunch and usually end up eating some unappealing sandwiches or a banana. Any ideas for exciting lunches on the go?
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    This week is Sweet Potato and Black Bean burritos. 396 cals for a burrito that's about 3/4 the size of one from Chipotle. I batch made a dozen, individually wrapped them and froze 'em. Has kept me full so far, may need a snack around 3:30 :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    this time of year i make a lot of soups and stews so i often just bring leftovers. in the summer i will often grill up extra of whatever meat, poultry, or fish that i'm having for dinner and bring that along with a big salad. i also make a big batch of black beans or pinto beans every weekend so again, that and whatever grilled protein source, and some kind of veg like broccoli that I can steam up. i also make a lot of sandwiches. i almost always have 1/2 an avocado with whatever my lunch is as well.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    This week is Sweet Potato and Black Bean burritos. 396 cals for a burrito that's about 3/4 the size of one from Chipotle. I batch made a dozen, individually wrapped them and froze 'em. Has kept me full so far, may need a snack around 3:30 :)

this is the type of stuff I do....I love to make and freeze different burritos. so easy to eat on the go, take to work and heat there.