Winter Babies 2010/2011

Options
For those who had a baby in the Winter of 2010 and 2011. We are here to support mom's on the weight loss journey.

I'll start by posting my Stats. CW-current weight , STGW - Short Term Goal Weight and UGW - Ultimate Goal Weight

My name is Mary Ann, I'm 31 and live in Canada. I have been married for 6 1/2 years to Andrew (34 years old).

Mya Kimberlee, born Nov 27th, 2010 (due Dec 15th). Mya is a little baby at 14 lbs 11 oz and 24. 3/4 inches but Mamma...not so little lol. I also have a 4 year old daughter, named Abby. She was born May 1st, 2007

CW 205
STGW 175 ( I can't believe my new STGW is in the 100's!)
UGW 140

My plan for now is to work my way up to walking 5 k. I currently walk 3k in 40 min. I walk 3 days a week in the evenings after the kids are in bed. My current addictions are Slushees and Pepsi. They are going to the hardest thing for me to cut back and give up. For now I need to find a way to support my ankle when I walk/jog. And find a way to strengthen it up as I have collapsing arches that made themselves known on my walk last night. So annoying!

Replies

• skinnymama157
    Options
    Our girls are about the same ages. My 4 year old, Mia, was born in Jan 2007 and Hannah was born Sept 2010. Getting the weight off this time around is much harder! I feel like things are more chaotic and planning meals (healthy meals!) is tricky. I am determined to reach my goal weight to keep up with these little ladies and to be a good role model ;)
  • olivia_june
    olivia_june Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm Olivia and I am 20 years old, 5'9". I am engaged to my baby daddy, Caleb, and our wedding is set for June 30, 2012. We have a baby named Noah, who despite a very rocky start, is doing fairly well and is a hearty 17 lbs 10 oz and 27" long at almost 6 months old (December 19, 2010), putting him in the 50th percentile.

CW - 230
    STGW - 190
    UGW - 170

The main reason I joined MFP was for help with my food intake. I am a terrible over-eater, and apparently I just need the kick in the pants of seeing the calorie content of what I'm eating to do something about it.

My weight loss goals:

- My big one is wanting to be around the 155 - 170 mark for my wedding next June!
    - I want to be under 200 pounds for when I start looking for a wedding dress in the fall!

I'm so beyond tired of being fat and feeling awkward and never being able to find clothes that I can wear!

Currently I'm signed on MFP to lose 2 pounds per week. I'm on a 1,350 cal/day diet, and I am working out every day (even though MFP calls for 30 min 3X a week....but I'm a rebel like that). I am alternating 30 Day Shred and walking, with a family swim on Sundays. I also dabble in Zumba from time to time, but I'm not a huge fan.

Overall, I'm very optimistic! And I hope that all of this will pay off :)
  • sineadgrowden
    Options
    My name is sinea'd im 19 and live in new zealand
    ive got one son xylin kip born 14th august 2010 was a very big baby weighing 10lb 5oz.

CW 73.3kg-159.1lb
    UGW 60kg-132.2lb

ive been on mfp for about 5weeks and lost 3.3kgs-7lb ive been a bit unmotivated lately and im not a very good eater at all and i need to change that but don't no if in willing to yet :grumble:
    i was doing x trainer every night for 30mins and walking to town a couple of days a week and zumba once a week but havent been doing to well
  • sineadgrowden
    Options
    hay guys i found this quote and had to share with yous :happy:
    couldn't find a pic to go with it but its about our belly's and stretch marks

A mark for every breath you took, every blink, every sleepy yawn.

One for every time you sucked your thumb, waved hello, closed your eyes and slept in the most perfect darkness.

One for every time you had the hiccups.

One for every dream you dreamed within me.

It isn't very pretty anymore. Some may even think its ugly. That's ok. It was your home.

It held you until my arms could, and for that i will always something beautiful about it!
  • Winter23
    Winter23 Posts: 142
    Options
    aaw I love it Sinead! This week has kind of sucked for weather and food. But I am still down 2 lbs. I will get back to logging tomorrow and the weather is supposed to clear so I can get back out for my walks too.
  • sineadgrowden
    Options
    i no what you mean! i live in new zealand and it hasnt stopd raining sun shining now tho =)
    ive finaly lost a kg after not losing anything for 2weeks so happy with that